Windows 10: Applications Create Extension Folder in Windows Defender

Discus and support Applications Create Extension Folder in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Any software created a extension folder in Windows defender. I tried to remove them individually but it won't get out of the extension and causing each... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sabin Gautam, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Applications Create Extension Folder in Windows Defender

Any software created a extension folder in Windows defender. I tried to remove them individually but it won't get out of the extension and causing each of my browser load unnecessary pages that contains unsecure mark. How to solve it.

[Original Title: Defendee]

:)

Sabin Gautam, Sep 16, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Applications Create Extension Folder in Windows Defender

Window 10 or Defender do not automatically delete virus created junk folders + files??

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

I understand you need to delete virus created junk folder (Quarantined items).

Quarantined items are those items that were prevented from running but were not removed from your PC. I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click on History tab in Windows Defender Window.
    • Click on the Quarantined items radio button and click on history.
    • Check and select all the items that appear as junk.
    • Click on Remove button to delete them permanently.
    • Check and verify if all the junk folders and files are remove.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Applications Create Extension Folder in Windows Defender

1. Applications Create Extension Folder in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Applications Create Extension

2. Windows Defender application glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender application glitch: This all started happening when I accidently downloaded a virus to my computer. Windows Defender reported back saying that I had a virus so I decided to go onto File Explorer and remove the files manually. It kept saying I had threats on my PC so I removed them but they kept...
  3. Windows Defender application glitch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender application glitch: This all started happening when I accidently downloaded a virus to my computer. Windows Defender reported back saying that I had a virus so I decided to go onto File Explorer and remove the files manually. It kept saying I had threats on my PC so I removed them but they kept...
  4. Windows 10 - create new folder for application in program file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - create new folder for application in program file: Hi, I had accidently deleted an application folder Sketchup-to be precise from program files. Now even if I'm downloading Sketchup, it is going to a folder called installshield installation information which is never visible. how can I get access SketchUp. please help me...
  5. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: Windows Defender Application Guard is listed on my windows features in control Panel but it's out of colour and when I try to turn on the feature it says my device configuration doesn't support it....
  6. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: Hi, could you please advise if need to install Hypervisor feature in Windows 10 devices install and configure Windows Defender Application Guard? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-application-guard/reqs-wd-app-guard...
  7. Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox: The hardware-based isolation technology on Windows 10 that allows Microsoft Edge to isolate browser-based attacks is now available as a browser extension for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. We introduced the container technology in 2017. Since then, we have been evolving...
  8. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I like Windows Defender Application Guard and think it is great for browsing. But I do have a query, what is the best behaviour? Is it better to use it just for less reputable websites or it is safer to use it for all of my browsing, even trustworthy sites because they can be...
  9. Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox: To extend our container technology to other browsers and provide customers with a comprehensive solution to isolate potential browser-based attacks, we have designed and developed Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. [ATTACH]...
  10. Will moving files with APPLICATION extensions create confusion?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will moving files with APPLICATION extensions create confusion?: I have a 64bit system that was originally Windows 8, and was upgraded to Windows 10 when it became available. I have been reticent to move files with APPLICATION extensions because I do not want to create confusion. In THIS PC, my Downloads folder is filled with files with...