Windows 10: applications does not use dedicated gpu

Discus and support applications does not use dedicated gpu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i'm using amd a8 quad core processor with R5 graphice in my laptop. When i play games windows does not use the dgpu its only uses igpu i also tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vinitmistry, Jul 19, 2020.

1. applications does not use dedicated gpu

Hi i'm using amd a8 quad core processor with R5 graphice in my laptop. When i play games windows does not use the dgpu its only uses igpu i also tried to change graphics settings to high performance but it show this

applications does not use dedicated gpu 2a7b5f23-813d-4a92-a5d2-e6be000dbfe4?upload=true.png its only showing igpu where is my dgpu and in device manager it shows that dgpu is working properly

:)

vinitmistry, Jul 19, 2020
  2. ksio89 Win User

Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU

Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU , despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. Even if I right click the shortcut or executable and choose to run the game or application with Nvidia high perfomance processor, it will still run on integrated GPU, resulting in less than ideal performance. Actually, in some rare instances the programs will run on Nvidia GPU, but after rebooting the machine, the issue comes back.

I have Nvidia GPU activity icon enabled in the notification area, so I'm able to check whether the dedicated GPU is being used or not, and most of the times it's not. I have already reinstalled Nvidia graphic drivers, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Info:

OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language build 18363.476 (version 1909)
    Nvidia drivers version: 441.41
    integrated GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400
    dedicated GPU: GeForce 840M

ksio89, Jul 19, 2020
  3. JulianKik Win User
    Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

applications does not use dedicated gpu 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Jul 19, 2020
  4. applications does not use dedicated gpu

Games and applications are using iGPU instead of Dedicated GPU

Helloo, I have been facing this issue from 2 weeks now, I usually run games and editing software with Dedicated GPU (Nvidia)

Brand-> Laptop - HP

Model-> cx0140tx

But now even if I force an application to use this gpu it works on Integrated GPU (Intel® UHD Graphics 630). I dont know if GPU is giving output on low power, but PhysX Indicator never shows on apps if its turned on, tried reinstalling graphics driver, updating
    iGPU Driver, forcing apps to use it, nothing worked. Please help

NMHAppoose, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

applications does not use dedicated gpu

1. applications does not use dedicated gpu - Similar Threads - applications does dedicated

2. dedicated gpu on laptop does not work at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu on laptop does not work at all: laptop= Asus vivobook M7600QE Dgpu= rtx3050tiCpu= AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics ram= 16 gbWhen i first bought the laptop it was working and ran games well and after a few months the dgpu decided to stop working at all uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, battery at...
  3. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  5. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  7. Games and applications are using iGPU instead of Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games and applications are using iGPU instead of Dedicated GPU: Helloo, I have been facing this issue from 2 weeks now, I usually run games and editing software with Dedicated GPU Nvidia Brand-> Laptop - HP Model-> cx0140tx But now even if I force an application to use this gpu it works on Integrated GPU Intel® UHD Graphics 630. I dont...
  8. Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU after November update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU after November update: Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU, despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. I set NVidia GPU as preferred graphics processor on both global and...
  9. Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU: Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU , despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. Even if I right click the shortcut or executable and choose to run...
  10. Cant use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use dedicated gpu: Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this [ATTACH] I had no clue what to do so I tied...