Windows 10: Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

Discus and support Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffCollins2, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair. It says that the operation completed successfully but the applications still will not start.

I am seeing these two errors in the Windows application log each time I try to start the apps:

Entry 1:

Faulting application name: qw.exe, version: 27.1.17.6, time stamp: 0x5c25a0a2

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.441, time stamp: 0x3da51fd0

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00111812

Faulting process id: 0x3dd0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b0fc84294626

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 3556bf5a-f6b2-4968-b1d9-b2ec8c3167ac

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Entry 2:

Application: qw.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException

at <Module>.gcroot<System::String ^>.{ctor}(gcroot<System::String ^>*)

at <Module>.<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport.{ctor}(<CrtImplementationDetails>.LanguageSupport*)

at <Module>..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

at QuickenWindow.Program.ShowSplash()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Regards,

:)

JeffCollins2, Jan 20, 2019
  2. johnhotzl Win User

Errors: flash dll, breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll after installing Windows 10

i installed window 10 a while ago & my incredimail stoped working 9error report; flash dll

breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll

maybe it has something to do with updates\

looking forward hearing from you

thanks john

Original title: hotzl

johnhotzl, Jan 20, 2019
  3. ShiBDiB Win User
    D3dx9_30.dll Not Found error in Ashes Cricket 2009

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_30.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

ShiBDiB, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

Errors: flash dll, breakpoint 80000003/ kernelbase dll after installing Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to understand and assist you better with this issue:

• How have you installed Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "my incredimail stoped working"?
    • When exactly do you get these errors?

As a workaround, I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Get back to us with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

1. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error - Similar Threads - Applications Fail Start

2. Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error: Hello technical team,I have encountered an issue as follows: The exe application I developed, when used with Windows 10 for a while, cannot be opened anymore. When I checked the Event Viewer, I saw an Application Error with KERNELBASE.dll. The detailed error is as follows:...
  3. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error: I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair. It says that the operation completed successfully but the applications still will not start. I am seeing these two errors in...
  4. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error: I am having trouble with applications not starting. The vendor says that it is due to a problem with kernelbase.dll. I have run DISM to do the repair. It says that the operation completed successfully but the applications still will not start. I am seeing these two errors in...
  5. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Kernelbase error when starting application which worked fine about a year back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernelbase error when starting application which worked fine about a year back...: Rollback is not an option, there is no point in trying since it has been a year that the application was used game. When installing at first go, also tested now on another system with same version of Windows 10, the game worked fine. Now I get a dual error that so far I have...
  7. Kernelbase error when starting application which worked fine about a year back...

Kernelbase error when starting application which worked fine about a year back...: Rollback is not an option, there is no point in trying since it has been a year that the application was used game. When installing at first go, also tested now on another system with same version of Windows 10, the game worked fine. Now I get a dual error that so far I have...
  8. "This application failed to start because Comdlg32.dll was not found. Re-installing the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "This application failed to start because Comdlg32.dll was not found. Re-installing the...: I have tried to open apps but the following error reported "This application failed to start because Comdlg32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." error My system is upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 pro...
  9. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

10. Application fails to start errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application fails to start errors: After update in Windows 10 (7/2/2018), multiple application start failures: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." Any fixes?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error