Windows 10: Applications freeze when selecting network printer - windows 10

Discus and support Applications freeze when selecting network printer - windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a user that when a network printer is selecting when attempting to print the application locks up and freezes. This is happening on Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcusBaskin, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Applications freeze when selecting network printer - windows 10

I have a user that when a network printer is selecting when attempting to print the application locks up and freezes. This is happening on Microsoft Office applications, adobe, or internet explorer. As soon as the user chooses the option to print and selects the printer the application would lock up. If another user logs into the computer the issue is not occurring. I attempting to restart the local print spooler, and check the spool folder in the System32 directory which did not resolve. Even restarting the computer does not help. The user is able to print if another network printer is selected. Has anyone come across this issue and have been able to resolve? Is there a local setting, file, or registry edit that will need to be adjusted for this user?

:)

MarcusBaskin, Sep 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 24, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. Applications freeze when selecting network printer - windows 10

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Applications freeze when selecting network printer - windows 10

1. Applications freeze when selecting network printer - windows 10 - Similar Threads - Applications freeze selecting

2. Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on: I’m trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 after computer kept rebooting I got the where you select the drive to download it on and when I click next it goes into a infinite load and doesn’t do anything can anyone help...
  3. Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on: I’m trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 after computer kept rebooting I got the where you select the drive to download it on and when I click next it goes into a infinite load and doesn’t do anything can anyone help...
  4. Windows 10 download freezing when trying to select drive to install on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. network selection freezes php script wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    network selection freezes php script wifi: hello i discovered an issue where when opening the network select menu.. a script i am running freezes.there may be some other network activity being stopped when this happens.i am all up to date with windows 10 updates etcit would be good to have this issue fixed / or an...
  6. Network Printer and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Printer and Windows 10: I changed the router, but can't find the way how to give the new password for the HP printer which doesn't work. Is this the problem or something else... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-and-windows-10/dd7cb678-153a-4cf8-9c92-63e9f9f38a3d
  7. Windows 10 and Network Printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Network Printers: Hello everyone. I'm not able to find anything on this elsewhere, so I think I should ask here. At our company, we are currently scrambling to upgrade to Windows 10. We have about 200 people who need to upgrade, but most people currently aren't able to print with Windows 10....
  8. All applications freeze when using windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All applications freeze when using windows 10: How do I prevent applications from freezing/hanging? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-applications-freeze-when-using-windows-10/d07194be-820f-4ead-9056-a416d75811c8
  9. News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News Freezes When Selecting a News Story: I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading my laptop with an SSD this weekend. No real issues except for News. The program seems to open normally, but consistently freezes whenever I select any story to read. 1. Updated News from Store 2. Uninstalled from Apps and...
  10. Printer is selective:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer is selective:: My printer is an Epson Workforce 845. All of a sudden today, it only will print when I print a test print from Win10 settings. It won't print an email or a doc from Word. It seems like it is not even getting in the cue, as when I look, there is nothing there. Has been a good...