Windows 10: Applications fully transparent, but still interactable.

Discus and support Applications fully transparent, but still interactable. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've fairly recently gotten a new computer with Windows 10. Some of the applications I install will look transparent (with only the border being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thomasgdl1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Applications fully transparent, but still interactable.

I've fairly recently gotten a new computer with Windows 10. Some of the applications I install will look transparent (with only the border being visible) or pitch black when they are opened. They can be fully interacted with, and aren't on another display or anything. It's a visual glitch.

I've managed to temporarily fix some of those issues by either reinstalling the application or restarting my computer, but they soon come back the next time I open my computer again.

Here are some examples on how it looks in some applications:

Discord:

https://i.imgur.com/pkTzYxe.png

Steam (friends list, does it for everything except the main application):

https://i.imgur.com/Xi6cGEs.png

I also have the latest versions of my graphic card's drivers so that isn't the issue.

I have looked around but haven't been able to find a fix

I would really appreciate help on this issue

Apologies if this is the wrong topic, wasn't sure where to put down this issue

:)

thomasgdl1, Aug 27, 2019

2. an application can not interact with a desktop

We use the IIS to build our website. In an aspx.cs program, we execute an application that is supposed to interact with a user. It turns out that the application can not interact with the user. We understand that the aspx.cs is runs inside "w3wp" process,
    so is never given right to spawn process that is interactive with desktop. The following steps are provided by some web pages to solve this problem. However, these steps do not solve our problem. Can anyone tell us how to solve the problem?

1. Right-click
    My Computer and from the drop down menu click
    Manage

2. From the
    Services and Applications menu, click Services.

3. From the right scroll down menu, double-click
    Task Scheduler.

4. Click the
    Log On tab, select the Local System Account and
    Allow Service to Interact with Desktop options, and then click
    Apply.

5. Click the
    General tab, click Start.

which can be found in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223170

立祥陳1, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Transparency function

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution on your concern regarding transparency function, we need the following information:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Could you possibly send us a screenshot of your transparency effects page?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Suhidu Win User

Applications fully transparent, but still interactable.

Photoshop: Creating Transparent Images

• PNG supports Alpha Transparency, that is that the image can have different levels of alpha (or opacity) throughout.
    • GIF supports transparency too, but any part of the image can only be either transparent or opaque. There is no gradual shift, no "Alpha" level to adjust. (And transparency eats into 1/256 of your available colors.)
    • JPEG supports neither form of transparency.
    Internet Explorer did not support transparency in PNGs until IE7, I believe that it would show black instead of the page behind the PNG image. It did, however, support PNGs. (Which are still a great way to achieve a non-lossy, high-color image. (even without transparency))

Suhidu, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Applications fully transparent, but still interactable.

1. Applications fully transparent, but still interactable. - Similar Threads - Applications fully transparent

2. Fully Transparent Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fully Transparent Taskbar: When I turned off and on my transparency effects, my taskbar became fully transparent. Anyway to fix this? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fully-transparent-taskbar/8dbb748a-543d-4f03-93ce-89334b5885ca
  3. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  4. My applications are transparent

My applications are transparent: Sometimes if i open up an application and another one i got see the application through the other as if it had a transparent effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-applications-are-transparent/42e6c4fa-ceff-4d65-971f-af457b1102dd
  5. How to make windows terminal fully transparent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make windows terminal fully transparent?: [ATTACH] I am using windows version 20H2, the useAcrylic( ) property makes the terminal transparent + blurry. I don't want a blur effect. https://preview.redd.it/gaxwx1ga9mh61.png?width=1629&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d08c4c8a553450c89c79754ba695a161d56d9d1 submitted by...
  6. Clipboard doesn't fully support transparent images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard doesn't fully support transparent images: What I mean: 1: Copy an image from wherever you want, Google, Edge, whatever 2: Paste the image into something like Paint 3D 3: Realize that the image's transparency is completely gone Is it something I did? or is it just another example of how bad Windows 10 is?...
  7. MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING: I asked yesterday about my mouse cursor disappearing after a few hours and then having to reboot to get it to reappear. I followed the instructions given but it is still happening....
  8. How to get Transparent background for Interactive logon message?

How to get Transparent background for Interactive logon message?: Hi How can i get this type of interactive logon messsage (transparent background) : [ATTACH] Instead of this : [ATTACH] I search a way to have a transparent background instead of a solid blue background. Exactly like in this video :...
  9. Applications will start but they appear transparent

Applications will start but they appear transparent: Hello everyone, So I've been having this problem for a long time, where I would start game applications like Epic Launcher or Battle.net and they show up in task manager but not on my desktop. Now I have tried to move my applications just in case windows detects 2 monitors...
  10. How bar applications...transparent

How bar applications...transparent: I see many themes with bar applications trasparent, but i dont understand in which way i can obtain this Thank Hispa 57143