Windows 10: applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

Discus and support applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; it has happened for a while now, playing any game, after a certain while the game will crash or close, my screen may go black then i will be back at my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesWatterson1, Oct 27, 2021.

1. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

it has happened for a while now, playing any game, after a certain while the game will crash or close, my screen may go black then i will be back at my desktop screen. on there occasions my pc will restart or just continue on full power with no graphics output.

:)

JamesWatterson1, Oct 27, 2021

2. Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

Recently I have an issue where for no apparent reason my windows apps, just all close. No stutter on the PC no freezing in game or in other applications, it all just stops. The Microsoft Store, Xbox Console Companion, and Forza Horizon 4 or Motorsport
    7 will all just close with no warning, no errors, no reason and suddenly at just a random point. All Updates are installed, all graphics Drivers are up to date. I did not have this issue a year ago with the same applications and nothing on the PC has changed.
    All other processes stay running, Chrome, Discord, Twitch, etc...

BloodShedderEOD, Oct 28, 2021
  3. Ricko66 Win User
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Oct 28, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

1. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time - Similar Threads - applications games crash

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.: For the past week or so I've been randomly experiencing multiple BSODs along with random applications crashing/closing without any crash reports. I've tried testing all 128GB 4 x 32gb DDR4 of my RAM using MemTest86 all individually one at a time to try and narrow out my RAM...
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.: For the past week or so I've been randomly experiencing multiple BSODs along with random applications crashing/closing without any crash reports. I've tried testing all 128GB 4 x 32gb DDR4 of my RAM using MemTest86 all individually one at a time to try and narrow out my RAM...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, BSOD, Applications closing/crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time: it has happened for a while now, playing any game, after a certain while the game will crash or close, my screen may go black then i will be back at my desktop screen. on there occasions my pc will restart or just continue on full power with no graphics output....
  6. applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    applications/ games crash or are closed after a random period of time: it has happened for a while now, playing any game, after a certain while the game will crash or close, my screen may go black then i will be back at my desktop screen. on there occasions my pc will restart or just continue on full power with no graphics output....
  7. Computer periodically and randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer periodically and randomly crashing: Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC...
  8. Computer periodically and randomly crashing

Computer periodically and randomly crashing: Hello! I'm having trouble with my computer randomly, but only occasionally, shutting down. I'll start up the system and half the time there will be no issue at all. The other half, I'll see large spikes in data and disk usage, slowing performance to a crawl. Sometimes the PC...
  9. Game randomly closing/crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game randomly closing/crashing: Hello so recently i built my gaming PC and I've been experiencing that the game I'm playing randomly closes/crashes and what i mean by 'closes' is that it just closes as if i would click the red cross or i would go to the Task Manager and ended the game task, i got a few blue...
  10. Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Random 'crashes'? Closing of applications.: Recently I have an issue where for no apparent reason my windows apps, just all close. No stutter on the PC no freezing in game or in other applications, it all just stops. The Microsoft Store, Xbox Console Companion, and Forza Horizon 4 or Motorsport 7 will all just close...