Windows 10: Applications have been installed without my permission

Discus and support Applications have been installed without my permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when i went into my settings apps & features today, i noticed that microsoft edge and microsoft 365 was installed yesterday, i didnt do that , why... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jbs_992, May 28, 2021.

1. jbs_992 Win User

Applications have been installed without my permission

when i went into my settings apps & features today, i noticed that microsoft edge and microsoft 365 was installed yesterday, i didnt do that , why would i install microsoft edge when its already in my pc? has my computer been hacked? please help, should i unistall? i have windows 10 in s mode [Original Title: scammers]

:)

jbs_992, May 28, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions

Source: The OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions - Office Blogs

Brink, May 28, 2021
  4. Applications have been installed without my permission

Assign Permissions for particular application

Hello Donna,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if they help.

• Go to the folder where that application or program files are located or installed. (I.e. C:\Program Files or
      Program Files(x86)\...).
      Say for example if I want to give full permission to the Internet explorer, then the navigation path will be
      C:\Program Files, there i want to right-click on the Internet Explorer folder
      to go into properties.

• Accordingly Right-clicking
      on the particular application folder and select
      Properties from context menu.

• Go to the Security tab and click
      Advanced.

• Now click Change permissions. If it is not there, just continue with next step.

• Click Add, then click
      Select a principal under Permission Entry Folder window. This will brings up
      Select User or Group window.

• There enter the name of the User Profile under
      Enter the object name to select, for which you require or assign permission. Next click
      Check Names. Once name appears in the field, click OK.

• Check all boxes under
      Basic permission
      :, also select the check box Only apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container, then click
      OK

• Click Apply
      &OK & OK.
    Now check if they able to run the program without any issues.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Applications have been installed without my permission

1. Applications have been installed without my permission - Similar Threads - Applications been installed

2. Windows 11 Installed without Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installed without Permission: I was watching a movie and Windows decided to disregard everything I was doing with MY PROPERTY and install an operating system WHICH I DIDNT ASK FOR OR GIVE PERMISSION TO.These anti consumer practices are disgusting, and if this is the way you are going to treat clients rest...
  3. Windows 11 Installed without Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Installed without Permission: I was watching a movie and Windows decided to disregard everything I was doing with MY PROPERTY and install an operating system WHICH I DIDNT ASK FOR OR GIVE PERMISSION TO.These anti consumer practices are disgusting, and if this is the way you are going to treat clients rest...
  4. Microsoft store installing apps without my permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store installing apps without my permission: Good day,Microsoft store installing apps without my permission even when Update apps automatically is tuned off. It just downloaded "Photos Media Engine Add-on" of 93MB and I have limited internet data!Any advice to stop this from happening?Fran...
  5. Microsoft "Meet Now" installed without my permission.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft "Meet Now" installed without my permission.: I got this malware looking thing after the last Update, how do I remove this shady program I didnt ask for and make sure it never comes back?...
  6. Input languages installed without my permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Input languages installed without my permission: Hi to everyone, I have been facing an issue in my windows 10 pro. I don't know why these input languages installed while removing them from the settings, still are in my input bar I commonly use 2 input languages, I don't really know why this happened. I will post a...
  7. Windows installing without permission?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows installing without permission?: Hello, I bought Forza Horizon 4 when it came out. Then I decided not to play it anymore and deinstalled it. I had to delete the 80GB folder of the base game manually, because the store won't do that for you, if you click on deinstall. This was a few months ago. So far so...
  8. King games installing without my permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    King games installing without my permission.: Hi, I'm just wondering why King games such as Candy Crush, Candy Crush Soda, etc. are installing on my laptop without my permission. I go and uninstall the programs every couple of days and they always come back....
  9. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps getting Installed Without my Permission: This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it. This is just annoying and rude so to...
  10. Windows 10 installed without permission!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 installed without permission!: I reserved, a log time ago, Windows 10 for my Desktop but never activated it nor set a date for activation after an aborted upgrade to 10 on a laptop shortly after the 29th July. Yesterday evening, I booted up my Dell Desktop (running 8.1), entered my password and Windows...