Windows 10: Applications icon do not appear

Discus and support Applications icon do not appear in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey, In the search bar, when you type settings, camera, Microsoft edge, the app icons do not appear. Below are a few screenshots attached. However,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Yash Bumb, Mar 25, 2020 at 9:02 AM.

1. Yash Bumb Win User

Applications icon do not appear

Hey,

In the search bar, when you type settings, camera, Microsoft edge, the app icons do not appear. Below are a few screenshots attached. However, for externally downloaded apps like Whatsapp, chrome the icon appears. If I download Netflix from Microsoft store the same issue persists.

Can someone please suggest solutions to this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Applications icon do not appear 9fd4e23d-418c-4a0e-9f56-bbaf5c0fcaa6?upload=true.png Applications icon do not appear 532d56c4-ff50-47f6-bcee-dea994137347?upload=true.png Applications icon do not appear b5237313-328e-494d-87f2-374796318ff6?upload=true.png

:)

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 25, 2020 at 9:03 AM
  3. Arul_D Win User
    some application menus not displayed in windows 10

Hi Vijay,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are referring any application when you say fn menu?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check smart audio is listed under icons appear on task bar.

• On system tray right click on date and time

• Click on customize notification icon

• Click on Select which icons appear on task bar

• And see if you are able to see Conexant smart audio
    Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, reply, we will be happy to assist you further.

4. Applications icon do not appear

Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 25, 2020 at 9:03 AM
Thema:

Applications icon do not appear

1. Applications icon do not appear - Similar Threads - Applications icon appear

2. Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu: In the past, I had issues with the right click menus which would crash my file explorer. By searching around on the internet, I eventually downloaded ShellExView and disabled some extensions, including extensions involved with the Context Menu. I didn't realize that I...
  3. Some applications appear blurry...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some applications appear blurry...: So basically, my new laptop has a 1080p screen. Some applications such as first class (email) and others appear in lower resolution or/and are not very sharp. I have turned on the setting which makes windows "unblurry" apps but it did not change anything. Furthermore, I...
  4. Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen: For starters, I use an Acer Predator 15 with an Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram and a 970M graphics card (let me know if you require any further info). The laptop is not that old (2 and a half years) and has no performance issues when it comes to running the applications that...
  5. Icons of inbuilt applications not appearing when I search it on Windows search.

Icons of inbuilt applications not appearing when I search it on Windows search.: Hello all, I have been facing this problem for the past two days, Icons of normal inbuilt applications such as Store, Settings show up when I look for it manually in the list in the start button. (picture attached). [ATTACH] The icons are displayed during a manual...
  6. Applications will start but they appear transparent

Applications will start but they appear transparent: Hello everyone, So I've been having this problem for a long time, where I would start game applications like Epic Launcher or Battle.net and they show up in task manager but not on my desktop. Now I have tried to move my applications just in case windows detects 2 monitors...
  7. Icons appearance

Icons appearance: مرحبا مايكروسوفت عندي مشكلة في ظهور الايقونات و هي ان الايقونات شكلها لا يظهر و انما فقط يظهر اسم المجلد و هذا ف وضع large icons و انما في باقي الاوضاع تظهر الايقونات بشكل مبكسل غير واضح اريد حل لو سمحت My device acer aspire f5 573g Windows 10 1803...
  8. my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup

my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup: icon do not appear on my desktop on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-icon-do-not-appear-on-my-desktop-on-startup/1fc35e8a-ad6f-4d27-a084-5c79b48d4065
  9. Force an application do no appear in task bar

Force an application do no appear in task bar: Hello there, I use a program that send email by mapi by remoteapp. Unfortunatly it require to have outlook opened in remoteapp to to send email. I dont want user to be able to play with the outlook that I open with remoteapp as they already have oulook in theyr computer...
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...