Windows 10: Applications icon do not appear

Discus and support Applications icon do not appear in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey, In the search bar, when you type settings, camera, Microsoft edge, the app icons do not appear. Below are a few screenshots attached. However,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Yash Bumb, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Yash Bumb Win User

Applications icon do not appear

Hey,

In the search bar, when you type settings, camera, Microsoft edge, the app icons do not appear. Below are a few screenshots attached. However, for externally downloaded apps like Whatsapp, chrome the icon appears. If I download Netflix from Microsoft store the same issue persists.

Can someone please suggest solutions to this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Applications icon do not appear 9fd4e23d-418c-4a0e-9f56-bbaf5c0fcaa6?upload=true.png Applications icon do not appear 532d56c4-ff50-47f6-bcee-dea994137347?upload=true.png Applications icon do not appear b5237313-328e-494d-87f2-374796318ff6?upload=true.png

:)

Yash Bumb, Mar 25, 2020

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    some application menus not displayed in windows 10

Hi Vijay,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are referring any application when you say fn menu?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check smart audio is listed under icons appear on task bar.

• On system tray right click on date and time

• Click on customize notification icon

• Click on Select which icons appear on task bar

• And see if you are able to see Conexant smart audio
    Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, reply, we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Applications icon do not appear

Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Applications icon do not appear

1. Applications icon do not appear - Similar Threads - Applications icon appear

2. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  3. Search menu application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search menu application icons do not appear: After the last Windows update, I noticed that some applications do not have their icon in the search menu. It only happens with my account on all PCs. I have already deleted the account and created it again. It happens randomly. Sometimes it appears but then disappears...
  4. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  5. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  6. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  8. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  9. Application icons aren’t appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application icons aren’t appearing: Title says it all. Yeah had this issue with discord and was able to reinstall it and get it to work but I haven’t had any luck with the Xbox app. It allows me to open up the app but when I try to launch a game it doesn’t work and I feel like the icons are because of a missing...
  10. Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application does not appear with the icon on the desktop, what to do?: Hello, everyone, i keep having (especially specifically with Krita) the problem that i download the app, but after a while the logo is no longer displayed, only a white sheet (see picture). For the most part, the apps still work smoothly, although there are problems with...