Windows 10: Applications keep popping up on my screen

Discus and support Applications keep popping up on my screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago, Cortana kept popping up on my screen and telling me she couldn't understand me. I would close it and it would pop up again. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CeliaDieterich, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Applications keep popping up on my screen

About a week ago, Cortana kept popping up on my screen and telling me she couldn't understand me. I would close it and it would pop up again. I finally figured out how to disable Cortana. However, the problem really didn't go away. Another application then started popping up to the point that I couldn't work. I would close it and it would pop right back up. The problem seemed to go away after a restart but only temporarily. The application that pops up changes all the time now. Sometimes it is chrome. sometimes file manager, it seems to change all the time. I checked to make sure I don't have a stuck key and I don't think I do. I tried to disable the touchpad - uninstalled driver twice but it still seems to work so not sure what I did wrong. I have an HP Envy. Not sure this is a software or hardware problem. What else can I check? Is there a way to tell if a key is stuck or if the touchpad is causing the issue? This problem is driving me nuts. Once it starts, I can't do anything accept to restart. Sometime I have gotten only 20 minutes in before it starts sometimes a couple of hours. The problem is maddening and not sure what else to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

CeliaDieterich, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Applications keep popping up on my screen

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Applications keep popping up on my screen

1. Applications keep popping up on my screen - Similar Threads - Applications keep popping

2. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen: Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every time I open my laptop I get this pop up that asks me if I want to renew. How do I get rid of it?I've tried going in and...
  3. Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton Security keeps popping up on my screen: Hello, I recently bought this new laptop and it came with a month free trial of Norton Security. It's over now and I don't want to renew. But every time I open my laptop I get this pop up that asks me if I want to renew. How do I get rid of it?I've tried going in and...
  4. 'Project screen' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Project screen' keeps popping up: I'm not sure if my keys are stuck, but even without pressing on f4 or windows+p, the option to project my screen pops up on its own every few moments. This is a huge issues for me as I am a student and I keep getting kicked out of the lockdown browser whenever this happens...
  5. 'Project screen' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Project screen' keeps popping up: I'm not sure if my keys are stuck, but even without pressing on f4 or windows+p, the option to project my screen pops up on its own every few moments. This is a huge issues for me as I am a student and I keep getting kicked out of the lockdown browser whenever this happens...
  6. A cmd screen keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    A cmd screen keeps popping up: There is a cmd screen which keeps popping up on my Windows 10 and on the title bar of the cmd screen is written C: \Users\Shaurya Garg\App data\Roaming\avutuut...
  7. Lock screen keeps popping up

Lock screen keeps popping up: I have tried many things to try to stop the lock screen from popping up constantly and have failed, I think it stated after the last windows 10 update. Please help....
  8. Start Screen keeps popping up

Start Screen keeps popping up: Hi, Hoping someone can help me. Have recently had a new screen installed by DELL on my Inspiron 13 and ever since the Windows START menu keeps popping up every few seconds. Dell have advised me that it is a Windows problem and not the new screen. Any suggestions as to how...
  9. A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A File keeps On Popping Up On My Screen.: The file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe keeps on popping up on my screen, there's no rhyme or reason to it. It can be after 1 minute or after an hour, sometimes it minimizes my stuff when I'm using other times it just pops up on the screen. if I...
  10. On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up: I am trying to disable the on-screen keyboard, but it continually pops up, when I lock the computer and log back in, and when various windows are opened. It's disabled in the Ease of Access Center, and I don't know what else to do. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, I upgraded...