Windows 10: Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

Discus and support Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated Windows and finally solved some problems (system file checker giving errors and rare bsod), but unfortunately now when I launch an app it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VerTex96, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

I updated Windows and finally solved some problems (system file checker giving errors and rare bsod), but unfortunately now when I launch an app it takes like a minute to open it. It doesn't happen with every app, but all browsers are affected, Steam for example is not affected and some other apps. Pc is high end so it is not a matter of hardware. Any recommendations apart from reinstalling windows?

submitted by /u/VerTex96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VerTex96, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 1, 2020
  3. WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 1, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

Chrome really slow after Intel and Windows updates for Spectre and Meltdown vulnerability

Hello,

If an application is exhibiting a slow performance, it could be that the application may need to be updated, or that an application is interfering with the performance of your web browser. Before we proceed with troubleshooting, we would like to get some
    information about the problem that you are experiencing. Kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is the issue specific to one application or with every browser that you use? This is for us to see if the issue is specific to an app or with the system.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update.

1. Applications' launch really slow after 2004 update. - Similar Threads - Applications' launch really

2. Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update: I just updated the BIOS and Edge Browser is really laggy. Not 100% sure it is BIOS but it is sus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-really-slow-after-bios-update/fafc960c-c73b-400a-8431-3ca3cfb13797
  3. Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Really Slow After BIOS Update: I just updated the BIOS and Edge Browser is really laggy. Not 100% sure it is BIOS but it is sus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-really-slow-after-bios-update/fafc960c-c73b-400a-8431-3ca3cfb13797
  4. Windows 2004 running really slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 2004 running really slow: I have recently gotten rid of my PC and gone for a laptop/egpu setup (I work as a software developer and travel a lot so I like having my files on the same device). I currently use the Razer Blade Stealth (2017) and the Nvidia GTX 980TI in the Razer Core X case. I have it...
  5. Unable to launch Microsoft Store after 2004 update.

Unable to launch Microsoft Store after 2004 update.: Hi, I can't open anything Microsoft-related after updating windows to 2004 version, that includes Microsoft Store, Insider App, and other apps (They open a window for split second and close immediately, and when I spam the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar the icon suddenly...
  6. Computer really slow after the latest update, it’s frustrating.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer really slow after the latest update, it’s frustrating.: My computer just updated itself to the latest windows 10 update 25 Aug 20, but it’s been really slow ever since, apps take forever to open, and every app starts lagging, everytime I press on a button it freezes for about a minute, I’ve tried all tips and tricks to maximize...
  7. Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update: So I've had an issue with this update for a while now. I've gone as far as disabling updates to completely stop it from installing, and I just recently did a full backup as a precaution I decided to try installing it again and the issue is returned. After the update, my PC...
  8. Laptop is really slow after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is really slow after last update: Ok so I don’t know am I the only one having this problem? After the window 10 latest update, my laptop went extremely slow and lag, I am sure there’s nothing to do with virus or anything else but the update( my laptop went fine before the update). And yes I did tried...
  9. Windows 10 1809 really slow after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 really slow after update: Hello everyone, i recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 1809 x64, because, after upgrading, i was having very weird problems (MSI afterburner not giving me the option to monitor my cpu temps/speed, really sluggish, really long boots time, etc) I have a Seagate...
  10. My PC got really slow after updating!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC got really slow after updating!: I updated to the latest version of windows 10 and after the update i always see this in task manager And my PC is SUPPPER SLOW https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-pc-got-really-slow-after-updating/c48ba9b0-4497-416c-9cf1-63a86d1ff1ee