Windows 10: applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker

Discus and support applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; as it stated in the title, chrome looks fine, my games look fine, everything looks fine...except my desktop background, the settings on my pc, the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ventune, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Ventune Win User

applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker

as it stated in the title, chrome looks fine, my games look fine, everything looks fine...except my desktop background, the settings on my pc, the task bar, it's all much darker. happened today after classes, nothing was downloaded in that time as far as i remember.

- - - Updated - - -

It *appears* to have been fixed, it looks like it was an "SDR Content Appearance" issue

Windows->settings-> system->Display->Windows HD color settings-> SDR content Appearance slider.

:)

Ventune, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions

Source: The OneNote REST API now supports application-level permissions - Office Blogs

Brink, Mar 6, 2020
  3. AídaRF Win User
    Bigger, Darker Fonts

BIGGER, DARKER FONTS

Hola, hello, hi everyone... My first time here so a bit rough around the edges.

I need bigger, darker fonts. I don't use magnifier because it is too distracting and cumbersome to use.

I am willing to use custom scaling but the introductory paragraph on the custom scaling screen informs us it is not recommended, warning us about all sorts of (seemingly) insurmountable nightmarish problems we are likely to encounter.Right
    now have set custom scaling at 100. Barely legible. Perhaps if it were darker it would work for me.

I have not attempted a larger custom scaling setting (e.g., 125 or 150) for fear of precipitating doomsday as I interpret the warning mentioned above.

My specific questions/remarks are:

• Is there a way to get bigger, darker font without altering anything else like we were able to do on Windows 8?
    • Does custom scaling alter the way things are displayed when using browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox?
    • Any ideas, comments, suggestions, alternatives, or any whatevers will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Aída

AídaRF, Mar 6, 2020
  4. applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker

I'm looking for a song identification application for a Samsung Windows phone.

I'm looking for an application that will allow me to identify songs I'm hearing by using my Samsung Windows phone. I need specific suggestions but not the SoundHound as it seems to be unavailable for my phone.

HelOnWheels70, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker

1. applications look fine, the rest of my pc is suddenly MUCH darker - Similar Threads - applications fine rest

2. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  3. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  4. Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent: this was before and this was after anyone know how i can get the old version back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-looks-more-darker-and-transparent/6359c09a-a7dd-46f5-bbd2-4e3ec9df600b
  5. Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent: this was before and this was after anyone know how i can get the old version back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-looks-more-darker-and-transparent/6359c09a-a7dd-46f5-bbd2-4e3ec9df600b
  6. Windows taskbar looks more darker and transparent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. resting my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    resting my pc: so im trying to reset my pc and it says that there was a problem but it doesn't say what the problem is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resting-my-pc/e1900bcc-aa05-4bcf-be38-8524d95a8d63
  8. Rest this pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rest this pc: Hi, I want to reset my windows 10 because of an error blue screen BSOD. I will choose option Keep my personal files. Q1. How much time does the windows reset will take? Q2. My Microsoft products will be deleted, is there any way to get my Microsoft products back without...
  9. resting my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    resting my pc: is it safe to reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resting-my-pc/cfe76f3b-e89d-44c5-ba8b-93dd941cd820
  10. Certain applications look much larger?

in Windows 10 Support
    Certain applications look much larger?: UPDATE: FIXED IT! The custom scaling level was set at 150% for some reason... I moved it back down to 100%, signed out and signed back in and problem was fixed. Hooray. I started up my PC today and I noticed that certain things look much larger than before. For example...