Windows 10: Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech

Discus and support Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I play a video on Youtube, it looks like this: [img] Then I run my tts reader, and it looks like this: [img] To sum up the images, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brian Forbes, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech

When I play a video on Youtube, it looks like this:

Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech [​IMG]

Then I run my tts reader, and it looks like this:

To sum up the images, all applications that make sound that are not the tts reader are muted.

I have found the threads in Windows 7-8 that tell me to disable the sound when you get phone calls. That's not my problem. I have already tried it:

I'm hoping there some new setting in Windows 10 that will turn this irritating feature off. I use my text to speech reader about a hundred times a day, and I use my other audio applications a hundred times a day. I don't want to have to constantly turn the volume back on when I am listening to anything - everything.

:)

Brian Forbes, Nov 9, 2015
  2. CEC OR Win User

Windows 10 Speech Recognition Show Numbers Issue

But the speech recognition function I'm having a problem with is a Windows application. I happened to describe the problem as I experience it when creating text in Outlook Office emails. The same issue occurs when I use Windows speech recognition to create
    text in an MS Word file. I really just want to know how to disable the Windows navigating functions when using Windows speech recognition. I just want to use speech recognition to create text. And not for moving around the document or navigating between
    applications.

Thanks

CEC OR, Nov 9, 2015
  3. kirksnap Win User
    could this idea be already be made?

Hi andymanic1336,

At the moment, Nokia phones do not have a voice/speech to text feature, however, you can check "Hear and Write" app which is a completely free speech to text and voice recognition application for some Nokia phones. You can use this application to convert
    your speech into text and the paste it in any application. Also, you can send text messages by just saying the recipient and the text. This software is based on Google voice recognition technology and web services and supports the following languages: English
    (UK and US), Italian, French, German, Spanish and Russian. The application can be downloaded at store.nokia.com

Br,

kirksnap, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech

1. Applications Muting when using Text-to-Speech - Similar Threads - Applications Muting using

2. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  3. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  6. text to speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  7. Speech To Text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech To Text: I'm looking for a free user-friendly speech to text download for Windows 10 email and Word. I'v tried the STT with the black microphone logo, which I believe is the Windows STT, and couldn't get it to work. Please set me in the right direction. Thank you. *** Email address...
  8. Use Text-to-speech in Urdu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Text-to-speech in Urdu: I am using Windows 10 pro. I am trying to add TTS for reading urdu pdf file. Please let me know how I can add this feature. Regards ***Modified title from: TTS - Urdu***...
  9. Text to Speech

Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  10. Text-to-speech?

Text-to-speech?: Hello, just installed Win10 Pro 64 on my laptop and was wondering if they built in a Text-to-speech app? Like something you can copy-paste text in? -thanks! 10395