Windows 10: Applications not responding

Discus and support Applications not responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer frequently locks up with the requested app "Not Responding." How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rick Gunderson, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Applications not responding

My computer frequently locks up with the requested app "Not Responding."

How do I fix this?

:)

Rick Gunderson, Oct 25, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Applications not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Microsoft Windows - The application is not responding

Hi Tone,

As you are facing issues with system crashes error: Microsoft Windows - The application is not responding, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this?
    • What is the make and model of the system?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message of this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to infected virus/ third-party applications/ corrupted/ missing system files etc.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to perform a full system virus scan and check if it helps.

Refer: Microsoft Safety Scanner - Free Virus Scan with the Microsoft Safety ...

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of system crashes with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Applications not responding

Various applications frequently "not responding"

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please answer the questions below:

• What do you mean when you say 'but before I've selected any software, so I don't get the "not responding" notice at the top of the screen'?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

Meanwhile,I suggest you to follow the steps below:

To go to Safe Mode with Networking through Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer, If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t
      see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click
      Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

•  In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the
      Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

• Tap or click, advanced options and then click on
      Startup repair.
    Follow on screen instruction to get to
    Safe Mode with Networking.

After this complete the repair check and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.   

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO of the same Operating system that you are currently using from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. 

Windows 10 ISO file Download:

Download Windows 10  

Once it’s done I suggest you to update Keyboard and mouse drivers.

Follow the steps below to update drivers.

Update Drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices.

• Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries. 

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Applications not responding

1. Applications not responding - Similar Threads - Applications responding

2. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.: Ever since I installed window 10 and upgraded windows, my PC is working very slow and software is also not responding. No program is opening. Tell me its solution....
  3. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.: Ever since I installed window 10 and upgraded windows, my PC is working very slow and software is also not responding. No program is opening. Tell me its solution....
  4. The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The application stops responding to button clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application stops responding to button clicks: Hello. I ran into such a problem, for some reason, when I log into the game, and to be precise in microsoft flyght sim, my game stops responding to mouse clicks, this problem is only with my PC, because my friend is OK, and everything is OK on my second computer too. Tell me...
  6. The application stops responding to button clicks

The application stops responding to button clicks: Hello. I ran into such a problem, for some reason, when I log into the game, and to be precise in microsoft flyght sim, my game stops responding to mouse clicks, this problem is only with my PC, because my friend is OK, and everything is OK on my second computer too. Tell me...
  7. Applications not responding at random

Applications not responding at random: Good day,I am an administrator for my company and one of the users has been having this one issue for the last month or so.Issue:While the user uses the laptop. The programs they are using stop responding at random. There are no errors. Resources are not being overused as the...
  8. Applications not responding at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications not responding at random: Good day,I am an administrator for my company and one of the users has been having this one issue for the last month or so.Issue:While the user uses the laptop. The programs they are using stop responding at random. There are no errors. Resources are not being overused as the...
  9. Windows keeps crashing, application don't respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps crashing, application don't respond: I got a new PC a few weeks ago and had this problem where Windows would stop responding after a game would freeze. There are times when I can't open the task manager, neither from the task bar nor from the shortcut key. In some instances the task manager would open up, but I...
  10. Windows keeps crashing, application don't respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps crashing, application don't respond: I got a new PC a few weeks ago and had this problem where Windows would stop responding after a game would freeze. There are times when I can't open the task manager, neither from the task bar nor from the shortcut key. In some instances the task manager would open up, but I...