Windows 10: Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

Discus and support Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spncrbck, Oct 4, 2018.

1. spncrbck Win User

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge, and also third-party applications such as Spotify):

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer 8f8fa57d-fba2-49a1-a3ee-3a5fe601624c?upload=true.png

Also, image previews are not showing in File Explorer:

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer 20fa8e23-475e-42ec-9050-1de24e1fca2f?upload=true.png

I'm trying to avoid installing a fresh W10 because I have this very personalized and lots of programs installed, but it might come to that.

Hopefully I put this in the correct topic.

:)

spncrbck, Oct 4, 2018

2. Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

when i'm say hey cortana or using cortana it cortana appeard with a file explorer icon in taskbar what was that why cortana show file explorer icon in taskbar

Muhammad Rehan Paracha, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

when i'm say hey cortana or using cortana it cortana appeard with a file explorer icon in taskbar what was that why cortana show file explorer icon in taskbar

markiplierrishi, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

markiplierrishi, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

1. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Applications showing icons

2. OneDrive doesn't show in File Explorer or on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive doesn't show in File Explorer or on the taskbar: I've just started trying to use OneDrive and have a problem. Windows 10 version 1909 updated. I have read a lot of info on this forum and find that I am supposed to find access to OneDrive in File Explorer or on the Taskbar. Well, it doesn't show up on either. The only way...
  3. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  4. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews: None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-image-and-video-previews/71c39d2a-04d5-4f9f-a200-594413d60dac"
  5. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer: Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message:...
  6. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?: I have File Explorer pinned to taskbar. When I open it, it doesn't show on the display although the taskbar shows that it's open. I tried cascading windows, show side by side, stack, by right clicking the taskbar. I tried maximizing from pinned icon. It still won't show....
  7. In taskbar battery icon not showing

In taskbar battery icon not showing: Dear Readers, I am using this HP pavilion laptop since 1 year and the battery icon was there in taskbar , but from few months the battery icon is showing in taskbar. I tried to change the same from Taskbar>turn system icons on or off but there also the power icon is on. I...
  8. Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer

Buttons not showing up on taskbar and icons not populating in explorer: Hello, I've got a problem with my task bar. I have programs pinned to it and others open but only explorer and chrome are showing up. All other programs are just blank spaces, whether they are just open or also pinned to the bar. Also, in Explorer I'm having an issue...
  9. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....
  10. Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain Icons and files previews are not showing up: Hi, A few weeks ago some icons on my taskbar and prewiews on certain images were missing. I don't know what happened. I've tried a lot of things to make it come back, but it didn't. Does anyone knows what might be happening? This is really irritating :( [ATTACH]...