Windows 10: Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

Discus and support Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spncrbck, Oct 4, 2018.

1. spncrbck Win User

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge, and also third-party applications such as Spotify):

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer 8f8fa57d-fba2-49a1-a3ee-3a5fe601624c?upload=true.png

Also, image previews are not showing in File Explorer:

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer 20fa8e23-475e-42ec-9050-1de24e1fca2f?upload=true.png

I'm trying to avoid installing a fresh W10 because I have this very personalized and lots of programs installed, but it might come to that.

Hopefully I put this in the correct topic.

:)

spncrbck, Oct 4, 2018

2. Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

when i'm say hey cortana or using cortana it cortana appeard with a file explorer icon in taskbar what was that why cortana show file explorer icon in taskbar

Muhammad Rehan Paracha, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

when i'm say hey cortana or using cortana it cortana appeard with a file explorer icon in taskbar what was that why cortana show file explorer icon in taskbar

markiplierrishi, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

markiplierrishi, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

1. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Applications showing icons

2. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  3. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  4. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  5. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  6. File Explorer shows no preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview: When i hover my mouse over a app on the taskbar like google which has over 1 window of it open it doesn't show previews for the multiple windows but when it has just 1 it shows the preview fine. It used to show all but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to fix this? Happens with...
  8. Applications not showing their icons.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications not showing their icons.: Title says it all, for example I will search Minecraft in the Search bar, but it just has the icon for a .png?! submitted by /u/Ozzi905 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm9swv/applications_not_showing_their_icons/
  9. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?: I have File Explorer pinned to taskbar. When I open it, it doesn't show on the display although the taskbar shows that it's open. I tried cascading windows, show side by side, stack, by right clicking the taskbar. I tried maximizing from pinned icon. It still won't show....
  10. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Patacahadsod