Windows 10: Applications not showing their icons.

Discus and support Applications not showing their icons. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all, for example I will search Minecraft in the Search bar, but it just has the icon for a .png?! submitted by /u/Ozzi905 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ozzi905, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Applications not showing their icons.

Title says it all, for example I will search Minecraft in the Search bar, but it just has the icon for a .png?!

submitted by /u/Ozzi905
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ozzi905, Jul 6, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 6, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Applications not showing their icons.

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Applications not showing their icons.

1. Applications not showing their icons. - Similar Threads - Applications showing icons

2. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application icon not showing properly in search: This issue is widespread and there's many posts on all manner of forums over the internet, and I've tired every single potential solution I can find to solve the issue but the problem persists. I'm trying to upload a photo here but it says failed every time no matter what the...
  3. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application icon not showing properly in search: This issue is widespread and there's many posts on all manner of forums over the internet, and I've tired every single potential solution I can find to solve the issue but the problem persists. I'm trying to upload a photo here but it says failed every time no matter what the...
  4. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
  5. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.: This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This happened randomly. How do I get the proper icons to display?...
  6. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.: This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This happened randomly. How do I get the proper icons to display?...
  7. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
    Application icon not showing properly in search: I am unable to view the application icons as well as microsoft office in the start though it is installed. on second user it is working properly. Please solve this issue...
  8. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
    Application icon not showing properly in search: Hi! I also have this problem. 1. Deleting IconCache and rebooting did not help 2. Creating a different account has the correct icons for 2nd account but when I come back to my account, icons are missing. From what I can tell it happened after updating to 1903...
  9. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...
  10. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....