Windows 10: Applications on Laptop Win10 not using Microphone

Discus and support Applications on Laptop Win10 not using Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; using Zoom or Skype, far end not hearing my voice. I can hear far end. Microphone is playing my voice back in my headset. Microphone is not sending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Edward Z., Mar 28, 2020.

1. Edward Z. Win User

Applications on Laptop Win10 not using Microphone

using Zoom or Skype, far end not hearing my voice.
    I can hear far end.

Microphone is playing my voice back in my headset.

Microphone is not sending my voice to applications.

If headset is disconnected, of course I get intense feedback.
    Headset mic and laptop mic working.

Only "Recording" devices shown in Sound dialog box are

a Microphone and

b Stereo Mix - Realtek Hi-Def Audio

"Playback" devices are

1 & 2 Digital Display Audio for HDMI

Speakers - Realtek Hi-Def Audio

:)

Edward Z., Mar 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Can't unmute microphone?

Hi,

In general, the microphone is on mute. We'd like to clarify following steps that you've done and ask you a few questions:

• When you unmute the microphone, is it via Recording tab under
      Recording devices?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any newly installed applications that may have caused this?
    • Is this an on going issue or recent?

Erika Aro, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Applications on Laptop Win10 not using Microphone - Similar Threads - Applications Laptop Win10

2. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Customization
    If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.: Acer Aspire VX5-591GSolutions tried :*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Recording, Microphone, Advanced, Untick both in Exclusive mode*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Communications, Do nothingAlternatively, I have tried to set to 'Mute all other sounds' instead of...
  3. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.: Acer Aspire VX5-591GSolutions tried :*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Recording, Microphone, Advanced, Untick both in Exclusive mode*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Communications, Do nothingAlternatively, I have tried to set to 'Mute all other sounds' instead of...
  4. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stuttering when the same application is using microphone: Hi, on my work laptop I encountered strange problem. I have bought radiofrequency wireless headphones. When I am listening to music on youtube everything is fine but when I join conference call, audio output start to stutter. I discovered the problem is only when the exact...
  6. Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.: I'm having this problem for quite a while now. I've been using my Galaxy A51's earphone on my laptop, but it keeps using its own crappy microphone instead of the earphone's microphone. I tried using instructions on how to switch microphones but it only has the option...
  7. Microphone works but not in applications

Microphone works but not in applications: Hello, My microphone doesn't work properly for about a week now. Since then i followed several instructions and went over every setting i stumbled upon. In the Sound Settings the microphone looks just normal [ATTACH] but even in the Mic-Configuration Application there...
  8. Application is using the microphone though default device is off

Application is using the microphone though default device is off: Since upgrade to 1903 I noticed the microphone icon is on in the taskbar. The default device mic (the webcam) is off. Skype is off too. Note that select icon that appear on Taskbar, camera, mic and skype are off. In previous version mic icon never showed up with this...
  9. Used Laptop with Win10 Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Used Laptop with Win10 Education: A teacher at my school gave me a laptop to use because my family could not afford to buy a new one. It is an HP EliteBook 840 G1 & it has Widows 10 Education loaded. I am unable to activate windows because I am not part of the school network & I asked the teacher but she...
  10. Application is using the microphone though default device is off

in Windows 10 Support
    Application is using the microphone though default device is off: Since upgrade to 1903 I noticed the microphone icon is on in the taskbar. The default device mic (the webcam) is off. Skype is off too. Note that Taskbar selected icon for camera, mic and skype are off. In previous version mic icon never showed up with this settings....