Windows 10: Applications opening off screen

Discus and support Applications opening off screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Do you have, like me, a lot of applications opening off-screen? I do have a dual monitor setup and from times to times an app would launch but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/java2412, May 29, 2020.

1. Applications opening off screen

Hello,

Do you have, like me, a lot of applications opening off-screen?

I do have a dual monitor setup and from times to times an app would launch but not appear on any of my two screens. The application icon is in the task bar and upon cliking it do it's animation but nothing would appear on the screen as if they were invisible. Very frustrating.

submitted by /u/java2412
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/java2412, May 29, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 29, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 29, 2020
  4. Applications opening off screen

Opening programs on a twin monitor setup

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Hover to the open application on the taskbar.
    • You'll get a miniature Preview screen of the said application.
    • Hover your mouse over the Preview screen.
    • Right click on Restore.
    • Re-hover over the same Preview screen.
    • Right click on Move.
    • Use the arrow keys to move the application on your desired screen/position.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Applications opening off screen

1. Applications opening off screen - Similar Threads - Applications opening off

2. Why does Windows place a newly opened application off-screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows place a newly opened application off-screen?: Why does Windows place a newly opened application off-screen when the associated secondary monitors are turned off?Wouldn't it be smarter to open an application in the primary monitor if the secondary monitor is turned off?...
  3. Why does Windows place a newly opened application off-screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows place a newly opened application off-screen?: Why does Windows place a newly opened application off-screen when the associated secondary monitors are turned off?Wouldn't it be smarter to open an application in the primary monitor if the secondary monitor is turned off?...
  4. Application windows launching (partially) off-screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application windows launching (partially) off-screen: Why is this still a thing? Windows knows what my desktop sizes are and there is NO reason I'd want a window to have it's bar ABOVE these limits with me unable to move them without performing weird window move/cascade/whatever shenanigans Once again I have for example...
  5. Second Monitor Gone, but Computer Still Opening Applications Off Screen - Can't Reach

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Gone, but Computer Still Opening Applications Off Screen - Can't Reach: Hello! I use to have two monitors but I am back down to one. However, my computer doesn't recognize that one monitor is no longer there and keeps putting the "Settings" and other applications on the side of the screen that does not exist. I have tried restarting my computer,...
  6. Change Screen Saver application will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Screen Saver application will not open: So I wanted to install a new screen saver to add to the list of screen savers in the application and I clicked "Install" on a screen saver and then I tried to open up the Change Screen Saver application and now it won't open. Does anyone have a fix for this? Windows Version...
  7. Change Screen Saver application will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Screen Saver application will not open: So I wanted to install a new screen saver to add to the list of screen savers in the application and I clicked "Install" on a screen saver and then I tried to open up the Change Screen Saver application and now it won't open. Does anyone have a fix for this? Windows Version...
  8. Open application window on the screen it was initiated

Open application window on the screen it was initiated: Hello, On multi-monitor setup all the new application windows are being opened on the primary screen, for example: I click on the application in the taskbar on a secondary screen -> it opens on the primary screen I start executable on desktop on a secondary screen -> it...
  9. Application displayed off the screen on docked PC

Application displayed off the screen on docked PC: Hi, one off my domain user has problem. When pc is on docking station. It will go after while using act like there is one virtual desktop open. But when i check that there is not vd open. it will open example outlook new mail window some where. I see on toolbar that there...
  10. Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen: Hello I got 4 screens installed on my system. Each of them is used for a different application. Before last win update, every time I opened an application like Excel of Google Chrome it opened in the last screen before it was closed. Now I can't select they all opened on...