Windows 10: Applications opening too small

Discus and support Applications opening too small in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Certain applications, including (but not limited to) Photoshop open far too small making them unusable. Note that it is only the application opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by twr88, Jul 6, 2016.

1. twr88 Win User

Applications opening too small

Certain applications, including (but not limited to) Photoshop open far too small making them unusable.

Note that it is only the application opening too small, the other items on the desktop seem fine. Resolution is set to 3200 x 1800 and I've experimented with different resolutions without success.

Applications opening too small [​IMG]

:)

twr88, Jul 6, 2016
  2. Ruth Buruga, Jul 6, 2016
  3. e468 Win User
    Applications (text) too small?

It's the 15.6 one. Do you need other information?

e468, Jul 6, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

This is a huge complaint about Adobe products even thought recently some of their products such as Bridge, Audition start using Windows default font settings. In the past, I also used Adobe Flash for web development which had the same font problem as Photoshop. I am afraid that you'd would have to put up with it or use other product such as Corel Paintshop, there's nothing you can do in Windows to change to larger font.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    I have no issues at all using Photoshop CC, on a 1920x1080 screen, which has of course been tuned for windows 10 which is not I believe with the previous versions such as CS6

Photoshop has it's own built in UI controls - Edit - Preferences - Interface

This provides 4 different text sizes and 2 levels of UI sizes in addition to the default - these should be available in CS6 as it was in earlier versions

The options I have in the latest CC should be available in the Experimental options on CS6

How to use photoshop on 4K monitor? the scale o... |Adobe Community

Barman58, Jul 6, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    I also use Phtoshop CC and it does not matter. I set the font to largest in the preferences and the menu font is still very small. If you go over Adobe forum, you'd hear some big complaint about it.
    You must have good eyes to read thru the menu or memorize where everything is.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  7. twr88 Win User
    I really don't think this is a photoshop issue, it's a Windows issue because it's a problem across multiple applications. Look at Killdisk below, for example.

twr88, Jul 6, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

Sorry to say that it is definitely not Windows problem. Besides Photoshop, lots of programs were developed this way ie. using their own fonts so that the screen won't get messed up on different screen resolution settings. In addition, you set your screen resolution too high and that's what happened.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    It sounds like your Apps are not High Dpi Aware , a lot of older versions aren't , I had to wait for my CAD Program to be updated or use it at 1920 x1080

Google

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Applications opening too small - Similar Threads - Applications opening too

2. application pop-up windows are too small to read;

in Windows 10 Gaming
    application pop-up windows are too small to read;: the pop-up windows are too small too read - how can i make my pop-up full screen larger font> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-pop-up-windows-are-too-small-to-read/02f676c7-39eb-48ac-8516-b8ecf526edf0
  3. application pop-up windows are too small to read;

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    application pop-up windows are too small to read;: the pop-up windows are too small too read - how can i make my pop-up full screen larger font> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-pop-up-windows-are-too-small-to-read/02f676c7-39eb-48ac-8516-b8ecf526edf0
  4. apps are opening too small

apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  5. apps are opening too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  6. Application opens in small window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application opens in small window: Using Win 11, Coolmaster epub convertor program opens in tiny window even after changing properties to open maximized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-opens-in-small-window/ee4d75fb-b673-4e18-a2b1-78cb0abf8f93
  7. Application opens in small window

Application opens in small window: Using Win 11, Coolmaster epub convertor program opens in tiny window even after changing properties to open maximized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-opens-in-small-window/ee4d75fb-b673-4e18-a2b1-78cb0abf8f93
  8. Pop up Applications' Windows are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up Applications' Windows are too small: My pop out windows of all applications are too small.Some windows have option to resize - which intself is not a solution because I need to do this manually for everything.Some windows as the window below - cannot be resized at all.Please advise on the solution....
  9. Application opens in a very small window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application opens in a very small window: Hi guys, I have a problem with application opening on windows 10; the application is "Among Us" I use to open it in a normal way but one time and suddenly when opened it it opens in a very small window showing nothing than the top bar as shown in the photo below, I've tried...
  10. applications' menu display size too small

applications' menu display size too small: Some applications' menu cannot display properly. Display so small! How may I fix this issue! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-menu-display-size-too-small/19f28f83-99f7-448f-a6bc-dadcebf5bc12

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opening programs are too small

2. when opening applications it is opening small

3. applications too small