Windows 10: Applications Running On This GPU

Discus and support Applications Running On This GPU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, guys. For a very long time I've noticed something strange. I have a gaming laptop with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 mobile GPU. However, whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Javey24, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Applications Running On This GPU

Hi, guys.

For a very long time I've noticed something strange. I have a gaming laptop with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 mobile GPU. However, whenever I boot up my computer, many Windows 10 stock applications will start loading on the NVIDIA GPU. When I click on the NVIDIA GPU Display Icon in my notifications bar, I can see applications like Winstore, YourPhone, SkypeApp, Microsoft.Photos, Text Input Application, LockApp, StartMenuExperienceHost, Video.ui, GameBar, MicrosoftEdge, etc. that are currently running on my NVIDIA GPU. When all of these programs start to load up, I get extremely noticeable input lag and mouse lag when I play games like CSGO and Overwatch. The input lag completely disappears when I terminate these applications with Task Manager.

I want to get to the bottom of this, since it is very tedious to constantly enter task manager and kill all of these processes whenever I wanted to play games. Not to mention that some of these stock applications like YourPhone, SkypeApp, and LockApp will load up again even after you terminate them. I did an FPS test and reaction time test in CSGO, while also using resource monitor to keep track of CPU, GPU, Memory, and Disk Usage. There was no noticeable FPS drop when I had all a shit ton of stock applications using my NVIDIA GPU compared to when I terminated all of them. Both times, my performance ranged from 171-177 FPS. The only big difference was when I did the reaction time test in CSGO. I clicked much slower and got slower reaction times around 230 ms with all of the stock applications loaded. Meanwhile, when I terminated all of them with task manager, I could get around 180-200 ms. Throughout all of these tests, there was no abnormally high CPU, GPU, Memory, or Disk Usage.

I am just wondering why this is happening? I know I could just delete these programs with powershell commands, but I would like to understand why it is happening. Is this simply a gaming laptop issue? Perhaps this is a Windows 10 issue? Maybe it is an issue with NVIDIA Optimus? I have friends with Desktops who have a shit ton of the same applications running on their GPU, but when I play on their setups, there is no extra input lag even with all of those apps loaded along with their games.

Thank you for reading my post.

submitted by /u/Javey24
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Javey24, Mar 10, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

3. GSquadron Win User
    GPU online application question

I am thinking to create a GPU comparison application which can be accessed online,
    but would love to hear some suggestions and what you would want from such an app.

GSquadron, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Applications Running On This GPU

Can I run Battlefield 2 on my parents computer?

If I am going to buy something, I want my game to run medium to well as far as game speed and res. I am open to any suggestions and advice on how to match up my new GPU with my old dell dimesions 8400 setup previously listed as the setup at my rents house. I want enough power to run BF2 online well to avoid lag problems. Also does anyone suggest new memory for my BF2 applications?

floridajerseyguy, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Applications Running On This GPU

1. Applications Running On This GPU - Similar Threads - Applications Running GPU

2. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  3. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  4. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. application not run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  6. GPU Constantly Running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU Constantly Running: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/egehdsvftml61.png?width=424&format=png&auto=webp&s=747cc582dd7420f352ff7d7dd328c97cdee63e35 submitted by /u/DummyfiedMe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lztw9r/gpu_constantly_running/
  7. Applications running on this GPU.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications running on this GPU.: I have a Lenovo laptop containing Intel i3 [Intel HD Graphics 4000] and also a graphics card [inside the laptop] Nvidia Geforce GT 720M with upto 6GB of RAM.I noticed that there are apps running on this GPU [textinputhost.exe , searchapp.exe , startmenuexperiencehost.exe]...
  8. Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu: I've posted this elsewhere but there's no harm in putting here as well So i got two gpus in my setup. One is a 2g nvida gt610 and the other is a 4g nvida gt730. Most stuff launches on the 610 but i want some stuff to run on the 730. The 730 sometimes has issues so i don't...
  9. Every application running on Nvidia GPU.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every application running on Nvidia GPU.: [ATTACH] I noticed when I monitoring the idle temps. Normally GPU temp idling 30-40 degree. When I realize it's exceeded 50 degrees on idle I know it's too much. Then I tracked the GPU activity and see these unnecessary apps running on the GPU. I did a clean reinstall...
  10. gpu not detected but is running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gpu not detected but is running: Ive honestly never encountered this before. Ive searched and tried many of the ways that are online everywhere that seemed to relate to my issue. Yesterday i was in the middle of a game when my screen blanked out and went black. When it didnt come back on right away i...