Windows 10: Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized.

Discus and support Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Lately I have problem with using some applications/software/games. I uploaded 2 screenshots to show what exactly I mean. One of it is a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andieybg, Jan 13, 2019.

1. andieybg Win User

Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized.

Hello. Lately I have problem with using some applications/software/games. I uploaded 2 screenshots to show what exactly I mean.

One of it is a game and the other is a software. I can hear the game's music on the background but I cant resize it or make it full screen.

I reinstalled them but it doesnt help. Thanks in advance.

Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized. 7aaab265-888f-4888-b47a-3b4984a6205d?upload=true.jpg Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized. 620d7eaa-c2eb-4ef7-82ce-94165438c848?upload=true.jpg

:)

andieybg, Jan 13, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 13, 2019
  3. TimCate Win User
    Resize option does not work on open applications/screens.

Unable to resize my applications once they open. I can minimize, but the resize icon/option no longer works! I have WIndows 10

TimCate, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized.

Minimize applications

Hi Osman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which applications are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the minimized applications in the Task bar?
    • If so, what is the exact issue you are facing with it?

Your query is little unclear, I suggest you to follow the below article to help us understand your query.

Microsoft Community

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized.

1. Applications screen is minimized and cannot be resized. - Similar Threads - Applications screen minimized

2. Application minimization problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application minimization problem: I was using two desktops and doing my work on desktop 2, playing games and doing everything else on desktop 1. An automatic action I do on the 2nd desktop causes the google chrome tabs to open and close, and suddenly it throws me to the 2nd desktop every time. How can I...
  3. Applications minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications minimizing: When I open any application on my lenovo computer, it comes up and automatically minimizes. When I try to save my work, it saves the work them minimizes. The most annoying is using TruboTax, it minimizes after each entry. I ran a full system virus scan and there were no...
  4. File explorer cannot be resize/minimize 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer cannot be resize/minimize 2020: when I try to resize this is how it looks like and it gives some, I tried this tread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-resize-file-explorer-windows/913f53de-e4b0-4940-a307-827bb8a4a25a and...
  5. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

Resize Windows 10 full screen application: Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even...
  6. Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer will not resize or minimize: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yammz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkjuse/windows_file_explorer_will_not_resize_or_minimize/
  7. Minimizing application to tray.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing application to tray.: Is there any way I can make an application minimize to tray on close? I want to set this up for messages for web, so that I can close it and still get notifications. submitted by /u/mitchellhall400 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize widnows!

Windows 10 - Can't resize or minimize widnows!: Hi, I have problem with my windows explorer, I can't minimize or resize windows. It's always full size and only what I can do about it is closeing it. Aside with these two problems the third one is about slow loading windows, other programs works normal. So far I tried...
  9. Thunderbird Mail Opens Minimized From Start Menu And Cannot Be Resized

Thunderbird Mail Opens Minimized From Start Menu And Cannot Be Resized: I have Thunderbird Mail set to open on Start Up, and it has done so successfully for years. Recently, it opens minimized to the the task bar, but clicking on it to resize it (which was not previously necessary) just results in it "shooting" to the upper left corner of my...
  10. Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize: A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between. 21014

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Software cannot be resized / minimized