Windows 10: Applications taking time to load

Discus and support Applications taking time to load in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just restored my $3k Dell AIO and it still doesn’t work right. Chrome takes forever to launch but not Edge. Went through all troubleshooting tips.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyReed2, Jun 29, 2019.

1. TonyReed2 Win User

Applications taking time to load

I just restored my $3k Dell AIO and it still doesn’t work right. Chrome takes forever to launch but not Edge. Went through all troubleshooting tips. Installed MineCraft and same thing, does nothing for a couple minutes before launching. As I said I’ve just restored Windows. Definitely not a virus or malware. Why does everything I try and install do this? Is it Windows or Chrome’s/Minecraft’s fault? I’m really hurt that I’ll be paying for this paperweight of a computer for 2 years. I thought my other Windows 10 PCs I tossed was because the hardware was cheap. Is it Windows?

***Modified title from: Is it an issue with Windows or the programs?***

:)

TonyReed2, Jun 29, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jun 29, 2019
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Load Page take long time

Hi Peter,

It is possible that your Internet Explorer takes too long to load a page due to corruptions or you may just need to reset the application. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies?
    • Have you tried resetting your Internet Explorer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to reset your Internet explorer settings. You can also refer to this

link
    on how to change/reset your Internet Explorer settings.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings.
    We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Applications taking time to load - Similar Threads - Applications taking load

2. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  3. Applications taking long time to load in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications taking long time to load in Win 11: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Win 11 from 10, and I have noticed that most of the applications take a long time to load. For example, if I open a video file with VLC player, it takes at least 30 seconds for it to open if there are no other instances of the player open. The...
  4. Account.microsoft.com taking time to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account.microsoft.com taking time to load: for some reason the website account.microsoft.com has been taking time to load and i am not able to access that website even though my Wi-fi is working fine . any solutions?...
  5. Account.microsoft.com taking time to load

Account.microsoft.com taking time to load: for some reason the website account.microsoft.com has been taking time to load and i am not able to access that website even though my Wi-fi is working fine . any solutions?...
  6. TASKBAR Taking Time To Load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR Taking Time To Load: Windows 11:When I switch on my computer, I see my wallpaper and app icons, however I don't see anything on the taskbar until 25-30 seconds later. How do I fix this? I've done all from my side, like start-up apps....
  7. TASKBAR Taking Time To Load

TASKBAR Taking Time To Load: Windows 11:When I switch on my computer, I see my wallpaper and app icons, however I don't see anything on the taskbar until 25-30 seconds later. How do I fix this? I've done all from my side, like start-up apps....
  8. Applications take a ridiculously long time to load, or don't load at all. Only started...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications take a ridiculously long time to load, or don't load at all. Only started...: Hi all, I've been having this very frustrating issue ever since I updated Windows a couple of weeks ago when I got a message that it would be going out of service. I let it update and since then literally any program, be it Chrome, Discord, Steam, Battle.net, Spotify or any...
  9. Applications taking a long time to load "Save as" list

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications taking a long time to load "Save as" list: I have a client who has been a having a problem with his system hanging for 30 seconds to a minute when performing a Save as operation from any application I tested it on both Word and Adobe Acrobat DC. He is saving locally, but has a home network in which he has several...
  10. Loading time & action time of MS application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loading time & action time of MS application: Hi MS, I am software QA Manager. It is general practice that after releasing of MS patches & other software patches or security upgrade to test test the MS application performance Word, PPT , Outlook, Excel is same as it is before. It is really challenging to use either...