Windows 10: applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ?

Discus and support applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i myself am finding a hard time explaining this properly so if anything seems vague lmk and ill expand upon it, i also wasnt sure where to put this so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/minkbug, Oct 10, 2020.

1. applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ?

i myself am finding a hard time explaining this properly so if anything seems vague lmk and ill expand upon it, i also wasnt sure where to put this so i hope this is okay!

i have two monitors so the windows key + print screen solution is frustrating to work with, since it captures both displays when it saves it automatically

and i understand i can just use the snipping tool or paste the screenshot but after using steam so often, i love its function to use a keybind and have it capture something automatically and save it to a folder without me having to do it myself, does anyone know if there's apps out there that work like this? applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ? :(

submitted by /u/minkbug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/minkbug, Oct 10, 2020

2. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

For nearly 3 years, the PRT SC (print screen) button on my HP Envy laptop automatically saved screenshots in a folder called Screenshots. While I still have functionality of clicking PRT SC and can then paste the image by CTRL-V, the images are no longer
    automatically being saved in the Screenshots folder or any folder as far as I can tell. What changed and how can this be fixed? I use DropBox, not OneDrive, so please no suggestions re OneDrive. Thanks.

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Screenshots no longer automatically saved in Screenshots folder

Thanks for the follow-through. Windows key + Print Screen does "blink" my screen and automatically saves the screenshot to a different Screenshots folder that is a subfolder in the Pictures folder. I actually prefer
    the 2-key requirement for screenshots because I have too many accidental screenshots. If I move the Screenshots subfolder, will the autosaving function still work?

FrustratedNYC-IP-Lawyer, Oct 10, 2020
  4. applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ?

Win key + Print Screen SystRq not always working to take and save screenshots.

Hello Benoy,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• When you press Windows key + Print Scrn SysRq, does your computer's screen somehow dim for a moment? Also, after pressing Windows key + Print Scrn SysRq and press Ctrl + V in Paint, does the screenshot appears?
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?

To save your screenshot as a file, it would depend on the key combination that will trigger to capture a screenshot and automatically save it to the Screenshots folder. Here are some examples of print screen key combination depending on the manufacturer
    of the device (Windows logo key + Ctrl + PrintScrn, or Windows logo key + Fn + PrintScrn)

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ?

1. applications that let you take screenshots with a key press + automatically save to a folder ? - Similar Threads - applications let screenshots

2. My laptop automatically taking screenshot anytime i press keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop automatically taking screenshot anytime i press keyboard: Internal keyboar on my laptop is unable to use so i am using an external keyboard but any time i press any button on the external keyboard my laptop Will take a screenshot and that is really annoying , what happen with my laptop?...
  3. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  4. How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?

How to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?: Hi everyone, the screenshots are helpful but when we need it to the right folder, its so difficult. so related to that, how to take screenshots that automatically save to saved pictures folder?Please answer it soon....
  5. TAKING SCREENSHOT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN PRESSED WINDOWS BUTTON

in Windows 10 Customization
    TAKING SCREENSHOT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN PRESSED WINDOWS BUTTON: WHY MY PC IS TAKING SCREENSHOTS WHEN USED WINDOWS KEY ALONE --- WINDOWS 10 OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshot-automatically-when-pressed/6f26c261-e064-44c1-9d27-c727908e7eda
  6. TAKING SCREENSHOT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN PRESSED WINDOWS BUTTON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TAKING SCREENSHOT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN PRESSED WINDOWS BUTTON: WHY MY PC IS TAKING SCREENSHOTS WHEN USED WINDOWS KEY ALONE --- WINDOWS 10 OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taking-screenshot-automatically-when-pressed/6f26c261-e064-44c1-9d27-c727908e7eda
  7. TAKING SCREENSHOT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN PRESSED WINDOWS BUTTON

8. PC is taking screenshots automatically and saving it on the clipboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is taking screenshots automatically and saving it on the clipboard.: I have been facing this issue since last 5 hours and it's really bothering me. My pc automatically taking screenshots and copying it into the clip board and it happens in a very small interval It takes so many screenshots in just few seconds. The screenshots are taken so...
  9. Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically take and save (to hard drive) screenshot of preselected region: Hi, I have a dual monitor set up and my work right now involves me having to take repeated screenshots of a region on one screen. What I'm doing right now is using onedrive, which screenshots both screens, then resize all the images using faststone. Is there an app that...
  10. TIL you can automatically save screenshots to OneDrive when you press PrtScrn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TIL you can automatically save screenshots to OneDrive when you press PrtScrn: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_post_tech_articles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d3u3wk/til_you_can_automatically_save_screenshots_to/