Windows 10: Applications to taskbar

Discus and support Applications to taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I move a application that's on my taskbar to my desktop? For example, I have Netflix on my taskbar and i'd like to move it to my desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Evie_3020, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Evie_3020 Win User

Applications to taskbar

How do I move a application that's on my taskbar to my desktop? For example, I have Netflix on my taskbar and i'd like to move it to my desktop.

Thanks!

:)

Evie_3020, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Sep 4, 2018
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Applications to taskbar

Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Hello,

In Windows 10, you can personalize the settings of your taskbar. If there are multiple applications opened, same applications will be combined under one taskbar button. If you want to change this setting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Personalization.
    • At the left side of your window, click on Taskbar.
    • Under Combine taskbar buttons, choose Never.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Applications to taskbar

1. Applications to taskbar - Similar Threads - Applications taskbar

2. Taskbar crashes when switching applications and time running behind when this occurs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar crashes when switching applications and time running behind when this occurs.: Good morning,A few users in my organization have reported that their taskbar crashes when they are switching applications. When the taskbar crashes, the time is running behind.For example, an user is working in Outlook on a new mail for a while. When the users decides to...
  3. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  4. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  5. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.: For the past 5 days I'm not able to access the taskbar properly and also I'm not able to install new apps on my system. I guess that is because I tried to modify the attributes of AppData folder and few other folders of the applications that were not working i.e. Google Drive...
  6. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.: For the past 5 days I'm not able to access the taskbar properly and also I'm not able to install new apps on my system. I guess that is because I tried to modify the attributes of AppData folder and few other folders of the applications that were not working i.e. Google Drive...
  7. Taskbar and other applications not working due to AppData folder modifications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Taskbar missing open application icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  9. Taskbar missing open application icons.

Taskbar missing open application icons.: Hi,I have a windows 11 23H2with multiply displays. I have quite frequent issue, that icons in taskbar are missing from open applications. Check picture below.It is quite annoying, as I have to click on it to see what app it is or I am looking for. I believe I had same issue...
  10. I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...

I am trying to hide the name of applications in my taskbar but it only works for one...: This keeps happening on my main monitor. I tried to bring up the taskbar properties menu but whenever I tried to get to it through the control panel it would just take me to the taskbar settings nor does properties pop up when I right-click . My second monitor is fine...