Windows 10: Applications unresponsive since 1809 update

Discus and support Applications unresponsive since 1809 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, 2 weeks ago I autoupgraded to 1809. (i7, 16gb ram, ssd) Things like installing apps would hang the machine and restrting wouldnt work either,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NovelWharf106, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Applications unresponsive since 1809 update

Hi,

2 weeks ago I autoupgraded to 1809. (i7, 16gb ram, ssd)

Things like installing apps would hang the machine and restrting wouldnt work either, and it would just sit their saying 'restarting' and never do anything, shut down is the same.

Do I rebuilt my pc using the media creation tool and have the same problem. Particulary with Avast antivirus and Leawo Bluray player.

As I work in IT, i sort 2 other pc's in the house also and they are having similar problems, one running Avira instead of Avast

Originally before the rebuild all my libraries (desktop/Music etc) were on another drive, so i can blank the c drive anytime without losing stuff

However for the new build I have left everything on the c drive. I have moved pagefile.sys to an old ssd

I remember a similar problem when a change to windows also required a change to avast and there was 24 hours of problems before avast provided a new version

Is there a bug in 1809 that could cause this? I have spent 20+ hours on this already so any help would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

:)

NovelWharf106, Oct 15, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 15, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Applications unresponsive since 1809 update

1809 Update Queries

For those who updated please advise:
    1. Does the Classic Shell v4.3.1 still work as some have suggested? If not what version of Open Shell is most suitable?
    2. Does the update create another recovery partition?
    3. Can anyone running MS Money confirm it still works in this update?

Steve C, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Applications unresponsive since 1809 update

1. Applications unresponsive since 1809 update - Similar Threads - Applications unresponsive since

2. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  3. Windows not updating since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating since 1809: Hi, My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon. Every time I try to update the first phases work fine but on the last restart it gets stuck on the boot logo after which I have to force reset it, which causes the update to...
  4. Keyboard unresponsive since last Windows 10 update....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard unresponsive since last Windows 10 update....: Its maddening... I believe that since the last win10 update of the 22Aug20, my Dell latitude has developed a bug that for some reason is disabling the built in keyboard. I removed and reinstalled the update and no help. I updated drivers through Dell, no help... with a usb...
  5. Applications not running since Windows update

Applications not running since Windows update: Windows 10. Following a recent update I can no longer open VIQ player for audio transcription - it attempts to, but it is as if something is blocking it from opening. I have tried everything I can think of - reinstalling the files, running as administrator, disabling...
  6. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  7. Application crash since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application crash since last update: I have been using Traders Elite Pro for a few days, then an update was installed on the 4th. Ever since, I cannot run the program. it loads partially and crashes. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall, and it will not reinstall. This is the XML View from even viewer. I get...
  8. Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues since 1809 17763.503 update: Every since I have installed the 2018 fall update I have been having trouble with very strange network connectivity problems. Usually the problem starts with me opening up a web browser such as Chrome or Firefox and navigating to a page for the first time in the last few...
  9. File Explorer oddities and unresponsive since 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer oddities and unresponsive since 1809: 1803 was working fine. Last night I (finally) got the upgrade pushed to me. I had to reset a bunch of settings, very annoying. I had to re-install one program. Why? I had to re-add little hacks that make things work right. For instance: I often open a bunch of images at once...
  10. Problems since update 1809

Problems since update 1809: Does anyone have the same problems ? Notification center : _ Notification center does not display history. _ During an alarm (clock for example) nothing happens except the notification icon of the task bar which changes to white color. Microsoft Edge : Edge does not shut...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps unresponsive windows upgrade 1809

2. 1809 upgrade VDI unresponsive

3. update 1809 edge unresponsive