Windows 10: Applications will not open and shut down doesn't work

Discus and support Applications will not open and shut down doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 computer is running a while nothing happens when I try to open a program. Nothing happens when I click the shut down icon (have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JaceKiwi, May 25, 2019.

1. JaceKiwi Win User

Applications will not open and shut down doesn't work

After the Windows 10 computer is running a while nothing happens when I try to open a program. Nothing happens when I click the shut down icon (have to hold the power button). Another symptom is opening a new tab does not show anything. However opening from the same tab works.

:)

JaceKiwi, May 25, 2019

2. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, May 25, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, May 25, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, May 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Applications will not open and shut down doesn't work - Similar Threads - Applications open shut

2. Shut down not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down not working: Can someone tell me why my pc is not shutting down because when I try to shutdown it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-not-working/08befb6a-0984-42af-bf25-13cf2893d060
  3. Shut down not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down not working: Can someone tell me why my pc is not shutting down because when I try to shutdown it won't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-not-working/08befb6a-0984-42af-bf25-13cf2893d060
  4. Shut down not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop doesn't shut down

laptop doesn't shut down: Hello guys, after the recent update i'm not able to shut down my laptop. When i click on shutdown it goes to lock screen and when i try to shut down from lock screen it again gets stuck on lock screen. kindly help...
  6. Application "Slide to shut down"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application "Slide to shut down": [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/eq2b3884dyl61.png?width=99&format=png&auto=webp&s=bae69b13d47f840bd2e0282cb4b99078874f1ae1 Don't know why you would use it but hey, it's cool submitted by /u/Bastik0606 [link] [comments]...
  7. Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work

Sign Out, Shut Down, Restart doesn't work: Hello, I am here to say that my windows doesn't shut down when i ask it to. Do any of you have a fix for this? Thank you for your time reading this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-shut-down-restart-doesnt-work/ae02e2a6-69f4-4a9c-b2b4-31c68bf20463
  8. Windows doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't shut down: Hey there, since I resolved my bluescreen error (Continues BSOD - Different Errorcodes), I have the problem, that I can only shutdown my pc using cmd (shutdown /s) or using the power button? Do you have any idea, what could be the problem? Thanks for all, Lars Build: 1909...
  9. PC shut itself down then sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC shut itself down then sound doesn't work: Hi, Yesterday when I closed the lid, a while later it seemed to have shut itself down, and now it won't recognize its own speakers, the only way I can have sound now is to plug in additional speakers, or use my wireless headset. I have checked in the "Updates" tab in the...
  10. Windows doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn't shut down: Hi! After last big Windows 10 update (probably KB4048955), my computer doesn't shut down. I choose "shut down", but when I try to turn computer on, I'm still logged in. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Fast startup is off. Thank you for reply! *Smile 98609