Windows 10: Applications will start but they appear transparent

Discus and support Applications will start but they appear transparent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I've been having this problem for a long time, where I would start game applications like Epic Launcher or Battle.net and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by willmartinez, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Applications will start but they appear transparent

Hello everyone,

So I've been having this problem for a long time, where I would start game applications like Epic Launcher or Battle.net and they show up in task manager but not on my desktop. Now I have tried to move my applications just in case windows detects 2 monitors when it says 1, that didn't work, I've tried to run msconfig, starting my computer as selective startup, I've tried going to services and hide all Microsoft services, I've made sure all my drivers are up to date, and nothing. I've talked to 3 Origins representatives and 5 Microsoft assistants and they all give me the same fixes or they are not helpful at all. At this point I'm just desperate because half of my games are in the Origin launcher and I cannot even play them. Please any help will be appreciated and if someone is willing to do Quick Assist that would mean the world to me. Thank you!

:)

willmartinez, Dec 16, 2018

2. Create Start Screen Tiles for applications which appears on Start Menu

• Hello All,

I was wondering how to add the applications appearing on Windows 10 Start Menu to Windows Start Screen, that too in a specific location on the start screen, with a specific tile size and under a specific application group? Do you think it's feasible? I know it's easily done interactively by right clicking the start menu app and pinning it to Start but this has to done for the enterprise users so would like to see if the task could be accomplished using a GPO or Script.

Kind Regards,
      sK

Sreejith Kumar, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Transparency function

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution on your concern regarding transparency function, we need the following information:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Could you possibly send us a screenshot of your transparency effects page?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Applications will start but they appear transparent

Start Menu Not Transparent

I assume that Transparency effects under Settings >
    Personalization > Colors is Off when you took the screenshot. You can check the image below for a comparison between
    Transparency effects being enabled and disabled.

Applications will start but they appear transparent 596f3861-2a04-448e-9600-cd1a171882bf?upload=true.png

We were somehow able to replicate the issue by disabling both the
    Transparency effects and Use Start full screen. If we enable the
    Start full screen and Transparency effect at the same time, it will result in a black background. We were able to get the transparency back by disabling
    Use Start full screen, hit the Start button, and then enable
    Use Start full screen again. Please let me know if you encounter the same results when you performed these steps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Applications will start but they appear transparent

1. Applications will start but they appear transparent - Similar Threads - Applications start appear

2. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  3. My applications are transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    My applications are transparent: Sometimes if i open up an application and another one i got see the application through the other as if it had a transparent effect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-applications-are-transparent/42e6c4fa-ceff-4d65-971f-af457b1102dd
  4. Can't get start menu to appear transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get start menu to appear transparent: I feel like I've tried everything at this point. Regedit tweaks, reinstalling the start menu, .theme files, etc. but the start menu just won't go transparent. Even the taskbar was able to. Any other possible options to fix this? Thank you! https://imgur.com/LbhsCYT OS build...
  5. Taskbar Appear Transparent

Taskbar Appear Transparent: Hi, I just installed Nexus Dock for Desktop Customization and now I'm using Normal Desktop Instead of any External Software. After Uninstalling the software my Taskbar is looking Transparent See Attached Snap I check settings also but still it appears Transparent. What...
  6. Transparent start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  7. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...
  8. White dots start appearing on applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White dots start appearing on applications: Recently my pc has been into an issue of where at random times white dots will start appearing on any application. Can someone please help me fix this?[IMG]...
  9. How bar applications...transparent

How bar applications...transparent: I see many themes with bar applications trasparent, but i dont understand in which way i can obtain this Thank Hispa 57143
  10. Noticed Transparency on Start Menu. Is there other transparency ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Noticed Transparency on Start Menu. Is there other transparency ?: Is there other transparency, more like what Aero used to have in Win7 ? I know it will be in the final release though, but maybe it's already and I'm not looking in the right place. [img] 4967