Windows 10: Applications without sounds

Discus and support Applications without sounds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This Sunday, after updating to build 18908, I noticed that some applications have no more sound. For these apps the sound is crucial, without it you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by selaflaure, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Applications without sounds

This Sunday, after updating to build 18908, I noticed that some applications have no more sound. For these apps the sound is crucial, without it you can't do anything: Subtitle Edit. And it happened right after the update.

:)

selaflaure, Jun 3, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Applications without sounds :p

cadaveca, Jun 3, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Applications without sounds

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Applications without sounds

1. Applications without sounds - Similar Threads - Applications without sounds

2. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  3. Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application dominating sound output - will not allow other applications to play sound: I've tried this on the Blizzard forums but my question was deleted so I'm going to try hereWhen I open a game such as World of Warcraft it seems to 'dominate' the sound, as in it takes control of sound for the entire computer and I am unable to hear sound from background...
  4. Play sound without Speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Play sound without Speaker: why isnt my windows 10 enterprise playing sound on my computer without speakers[Original Title: sound] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-sound-without-speaker/6844fb75-b45d-44ea-9b13-fe30e3cc7dad
  5. Unknown Application without title

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown Application without title: Good day!I found this today in the battery settings. It isn't visible in other places such as the programs and uninstall settings. I'm using a new device and haven't downloaded anything from untrusty sources. Please help.Thank you!...
  6. Windows Applications No Sound

Windows Applications No Sound: New Windows 10 Machine. Home New build Audio on Windows Media Player, Windows Photo and Windows Video Editor does not work. Audio works on everything IE YouTube else including third party video players. Videos saved with Windows Video Editor have no sound....
  7. No Sound in an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Sound in an application: I have a problem with sound. Using Windows Media Player - media comes through the Internal Speakers. Using MediaMonkey No Sound.. I have tried to change the Output used for both applications but no sound. My computer is set to default to internal speakers for all programs...
  8. No Sound Without Earphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Without Earphones: Sound is not working even after troubleshooting and testing. There is no sound when any notification arrives, no sound when I watch a movie or video either downloaded or on any website. But when I use earphones, everything works perfectly as if the problem was inexistent. Can...
  9. System sounds play, but application sound does not

System sounds play, but application sound does not: Hello! So, I'm using windows 10, and very often when i start up my computer, all sound but the system sound won't play. I've found a solution that involved fooling around with the troubleshooter and switching the default sound systems around (the main one doesnt work, even...
  10. Open application without admin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open application without admin?: Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run the app. Can someone help me. This needs to be done without logging onto the administrator user. (P.S I'm not trying to hack...