Windows 10: Applications without sounds

Discus and support Applications without sounds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This Sunday, after updating to build 18908, I noticed that some applications have no more sound. For these apps the sound is crucial, without it you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by selaflaure, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Applications without sounds

This Sunday, after updating to build 18908, I noticed that some applications have no more sound. For these apps the sound is crucial, without it you can't do anything: Subtitle Edit. And it happened right after the update.

:)

selaflaure, Jun 3, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Applications without sounds :p

cadaveca, Jun 3, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Applications without sounds

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Applications without sounds

1. Applications without sounds - Similar Threads - Applications without sounds

2. Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless (bluetooth) headphones disconnect, reconnect without sound if pc stops playing sound: Windows version: 10 pro, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (according to system information) headphone brand: 3sixT wireless bluetooth headphones Issue: Headphones connect to laptop (surface laptop), listed in bluetooth settings as connected for voice,music If I don't...
  3. System sounds play, but application sound does not

System sounds play, but application sound does not: Hello! So, I'm using windows 10, and very often when i start up my computer, all sound but the system sound won't play. I've found a solution that involved fooling around with the troubleshooter and switching the default sound systems around (the main one doesnt work, even...
  4. Open application without admin?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open application without admin?: Im trying to open an application I downloaded in my downloads folder, I need to enter an administrator username and password, that I don't have, to run the app. Can someone help me. This needs to be done without logging onto the administrator user. (P.S I'm not trying to hack...
  5. 'reinstall Windows without losing installed applications' Where?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'reinstall Windows without losing installed applications' Where?: I'm sure I've seen somewhere on tenforums about reinstalling windows (using the Media Creation Tool) without losing my installed applications but I can't find it. Could you give me a link to the tutorial (if the above is indeed possible)? 122873
  6. Data Recovery in Windows OS without using 3rd party applications?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Recovery in Windows OS without using 3rd party applications?: I have accidentally formatted one of my hard disk drive partitions. And now I want to recover the files back. How can I do this thing without installing and using any 3rd party apps and with just some Windows OS commands?...
  7. USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications

USB Microphone Works in Windows Sound But Not in Other Applications: My USB mic works in windows sound (I can click listen to device and hear) but not in other applications such as Teamspeak 3, Discord and Skype. I have tried reinstalling my audio drivers and repair installing windows. I have the latest Realtek audio drivers, latest windows...
  8. Audio works for Windows sounds but not for any application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio works for Windows sounds but not for any application: Hi there Never had this error before -- Audio works perfectly for Windows sounds etc - but no sound for ANY application (VLC / Winamp etc etc). Only happened today -- I haven't done anything to the system. Build 9926. Settings are correct for applications etc,...
  9. how to play application sounds on all output device.

how to play application sounds on all output device.: without using the stereo mix method, how could i make all applications play sounds on all my output devices. I want to do it this way, so if i want an application to play on just a single output(ex. headphones) i could just mute that application on all other output(ex....
  10. Motherboard post without bleep sound

Motherboard post without bleep sound: Hi, My new mobo gigabyte Z370 d3h it boots normal but does not bleep or make any sound during the start and I know there is speaker and is working. The question now: how important to have the bleep sound? The mobo is brand new you think I should return it? Thank you 105655