Windows 10: Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

Discus and support Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a Dell XPS running Windows 10 64 bit that is <1 week old, and I can't seem to figure out why my applications won't stay pinned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eDotJ, Sep 8, 2018.

1. eDotJ Win User

Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

Hey there,

I have a Dell XPS running Windows 10 64 bit that is <1 week old, and I can't seem to figure out why my applications won't stay pinned to the taskbar. When I drag an app icon onto the taskbar (or right click and select "Pin to taskbar"), the application will either stay for a little while then disappear, or it will stay pinned but remove all the other icons that are on the taskbar. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks.

:)

eDotJ, Sep 8, 2018
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Albeeone Win User
    OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

Hi,

Try to pin the Applications from All apps and check if it helps.

• Choose Start >
      All apps,

• Scroll to the application you want to pin,
      right click and then click Pin to taskbar.

You may also try to pin it from installed location.

• Go to the location of the application you want to pin, (For example, to pin the
      Microsoft Word, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      and then to WinWord)

• Right-click
      the file and select 'Pin to Taskbar' from the context menu.

Try the above steps and let us know if you can pin applications to taskbar.

Rishad K T, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

1. Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Applications Won't Stay

2. Dell xps 13 won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell xps 13 won't start: Dell xps won't start. Will not shut off or reboot. Has crashed multiple times. Also showed code SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-xps-13-wont-start/0d916ab2-7ff9-45c9-b443-b9052bdd33b0
  3. Dell xps 13 won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell xps 13 won't start: Dell xps won't start. Will not shut off or reboot. Has crashed multiple times. Also showed code SYNTHETIC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-xps-13-wont-start/0d916ab2-7ff9-45c9-b443-b9052bdd33b0
  4. DELL XPS won't load Facebook fully

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DELL XPS won't load Facebook fully: I have a new Dell XPS 13.All my browsers will do an initial connection to facebook.com so not 100% blocked, but they won't it fully, or any part of it eg messenger fully. It just stalls with the spinning wheel....
  5. DELL XPS won't load Facebook fully

DELL XPS won't load Facebook fully: I have a new Dell XPS 13.All my browsers will do an initial connection to facebook.com so not 100% blocked, but they won't it fully, or any part of it eg messenger fully. It just stalls with the spinning wheel....
  6. DELL XPS won't load Facebook fully

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar

Certain apps not staying pinned to the Taskbar: I am having an issue whereby the last few apps I installed in my laptop don't stay pinned to the taskbar anymore. The worst offender is the Windows 10 Twitter app. The others I can live without always being pinned there, but I use Twitter a lot. Basically I pin it to the...
  8. Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon doesn't stay pinned to the TaskBar: I saw threads from 2017 about this and they were closed. I have to say that today everything updated as of the creation of this thread that for instance, Messenger beta pinned to the Taskbar from the Start menu, will be pinned ok but after closing the app, the icon goes away...
  9. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  10. Application stays minimized in the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Application stays minimized in the Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] So you’re using your Windows 10 computer, and right out of the blue, one or more of your open windows are automatically minimized to the taskbar. You’ve decided to bring them back up again, but the problem persists. The application/s [...] This post Application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinned apps wont stay windows 10

2. app wont stay pinned to taskbar

3. app wont stay pinned to taskbar dell windows 10

4. applications wont stay pinned,
  5. apps will not stay pinned to taskbar,
  6. apps wont pin to taskbar windows 10,
  7. why wont outlook stay pinned to the start ,
  8. windows 10 taskbar icons wont stay,
  9. why doesnt pinned app remain in taskbar,
  10. Windows 10 icons wont stay pinned to taskbar,
  11. where is the taskbar on dell xps laptop,
  12. windows 10 pinned wont stay pinned,
  13. outlook wont stay pinned to taskbar,
  14. how do i pin internet to taskview dell xps 13,
  15. why wnt my pin to start icons stay pinned?