Windows 10: Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

Discus and support Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a Dell XPS running Windows 10 64 bit that is <1 week old, and I can't seem to figure out why my applications won't stay pinned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eDotJ, Sep 8, 2018.

1. eDotJ Win User

Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10

Hey there,

I have a Dell XPS running Windows 10 64 bit that is <1 week old, and I can't seem to figure out why my applications won't stay pinned to the taskbar. When I drag an app icon onto the taskbar (or right click and select "Pin to taskbar"), the application will either stay for a little while then disappear, or it will stay pinned but remove all the other icons that are on the taskbar. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Thanks.

:)

eDotJ, Sep 8, 2018
  2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Albeeone Win User
    OneDrive files won't stay pinned to taskbar

If a pin an excel files that is saved in my OneDrive folder to the pinned excel files list in the taskbar, once I open that file it disappears from the pinned list. This only happens with files saved in the OneDrive folder. Any files saved in my documents
    remain pinned to the taskbar. How can I get the OneDrive files to stay pinned? They stayed pinned before but just started disappearing this last week.

Albeeone, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Rishad K T Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

Hi,

Try to pin the Applications from All apps and check if it helps.

• Choose Start >
      All apps,

• Scroll to the application you want to pin,
      right click and then click Pin to taskbar.

You may also try to pin it from installed location.

• Go to the location of the application you want to pin, (For example, to pin the
      Microsoft Word, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      or C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16
      and then to WinWord)

• Right-click
      the file and select 'Pin to Taskbar' from the context menu.

Try the above steps and let us know if you can pin applications to taskbar.

Rishad K T, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Applications Won't Stay Pinned to Taskbar - Dell XPS Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Applications Won't Stay

2. Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS 15 9550 Laptop Turns On But Won't Start: NewHey all would like advice on this as i'm freaking out. I turned on my dell xps today and when i do, i get that dell logo and then nothing happens, it stays on that logo. I then powered it off and turned it on again few times... same thing, does not load. I have had this...
  3. Application stays minimized in the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Application stays minimized in the Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH] So you’re using your Windows 10 computer, and right out of the blue, one or more of your open windows are automatically minimized to the taskbar. You’ve decided to bring them back up again, but the problem persists. The application/s [...] This post Application...
  4. Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c: I have a Dell XPS laptop that won't boot all of the sudden. Upon turning on the laptop, it attempts an automatic repair but fails. The first error code it showed all the time was 0xc000014c. It has also shown error code 0xc00000e9. I have tried the following with no...
  5. Dell 2710 xps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dell 2710 xps: I have tried to install windows 10 numerous different ways. it installs perfectly, but i have no internet access. it recognizes the internet, but won't allow connection....has anyone been able to install windows 10 on the 2710 including use of the internet 16905
  6. Folders I Add Won't Stay Pinned To Quick Launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders I Add Won't Stay Pinned To Quick Launch: I upgraded Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 Pro and I find that when I pin folders to the Quick Access, that they disappear from there the next time I start my laptop. Any help with this please? 21363
  7. windows won't stay put

in Windows 10 Support
    windows won't stay put: I guess I'm a little OCD but I like to center the windows, like control panel, personalization my pc etc. Everytime I get them perfectly centered on the desktop when I close the windows and reopen them, they're not centered. In W7 or W8.1 they stay locked in position. Is...
  8. Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc: [img] Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I cannot type anything. All keyboard shortcuts are working. I also can't see my pinned icons, or any of the icons in the bottom...
  9. Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome not staying pinned to taskbar, always in Recently Added: Just as the title says, the Chrome shortcut isn't staying pinned to the taskbar. Something of note is that upon logging in, it's there for a few moments, only to remove itself. It's also reappearing on the Recently Added list in the start menu upon startup, even though I've...
  10. Windows 10 killed my dell xps 2710

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 killed my dell xps 2710: I sit and look at my giant paper weight and i wanna cry. Ive searched forums and google and all ive read is that im screwed i cant do any of my photography editing. Everything i read tells me that windows 10 killed my computer. Its not compatible with my computer and...