Windows 10: Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do.

Discus and support Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I applied the update to 1809--at least that's what I THOUGHT it was. Upon the required reboot my PC goes to BSOD no matter what I try (0xC0000225... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scubabeme, May 4, 2019.

1. scubabeme Win User

Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do.

I applied the update to 1809--at least that's what I THOUGHT it was. Upon the required reboot my PC goes to BSOD no matter what I try (0xC0000225 initially, now it's 0xC000000F on a black screen). I have tried several website suggestions to fix what appears to be a missing/corrupt/misleading/"something terribly wrong with it" MBR. At least one"solution" results in an "Access Denied" error. Data/windows folder is present on the drive (verified from USB boot...), but it WILL NOT BOOT. It appears the ONLY option I have is to format the drive and start over. SURELY there's a better way.

:)

scubabeme, May 4, 2019

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, May 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 4, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

win 7 cant install update

• Boot into safe mode;
    • Open Code: %temp%[/quote] on Explorer;
    • Delete everything inside it;
    • Reboot;
    • Try to apply updates again;
    • PROFIT?

temp02, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Applied 1809 update and now PC will NOT boot, BSOD no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - Applied 1809 update

2. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do: Hello, i just came back from a family road trip when this happened, My laptop gave me a secure boot violation, after fixing that small problem it just boots me into bios now, ive tried restarting, enabling CSM launcher, and changing boot priority but nothing absolutely works,...
  3. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do: Hello, i just came back from a family road trip when this happened, My laptop gave me a secure boot violation, after fixing that small problem it just boots me into bios now, ive tried restarting, enabling CSM launcher, and changing boot priority but nothing absolutely works,...
  4. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 0x800703e6 Won't update no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x800703e6 Won't update no matter what I do.: Have tried every single method mentioned everywhere, even reinstalling Windows, which just fails. SCN commands all don't work, Check Disk as well. Nothing works. Tried a manual install of the update, doesn't work. Seriously, I have tried EVERYTHING. I'm losing my mind here....
  6. 0x800703e6 Won't update no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x800703e6 Won't update no matter what I do.: Have tried every single method mentioned everywhere, even reinstalling Windows, which just fails. SCN commands all don't work, Check Disk as well. Nothing works. Tried a manual install of the update, doesn't work. Seriously, I have tried EVERYTHING. I'm losing my mind here....
  7. BSOD no matter what i do

BSOD no matter what i do: BSOD titles range from Kernel_security_check_failure, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and overran_stack Buffer. Posting one drive file link below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqN--VqOO1f8unTcH2byidcg3twU?e=icztT4...
  8. My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do

My PC is cursed BSOD no matter what I do: About three months ago I upgraded the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and GPU in my computer. Everything was working perfectly until I accidentally shut it off while Windows was updating rookie move, I know. Ever since, I've been getting all kinds of different BSOD's...
  9. I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot update from 1809 to 1909 no matter what I do: Does anyone have a solution? I've tried everything I can think of. I've used the Windows Update about four times now. I've used the Windows Update Assistant at least three times. Every time the download is done and the install starts but part way through everything is...
  10. Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do: what happened was that i set my computer to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu which i've done a million times btw so i can almost do it with my eyes closed, lol anyways, my issue is that now, i can't load the UEFI settings and even worse than that, i can't boot anything through...