Windows 10: Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface

Discus and support Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, We have been having an issue with our Microsoft Surface devices (three of them). They are running Windows 10 v1803 x64. A tool within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CCI-Support, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface

Hello,

We have been having an issue with our Microsoft Surface devices (three of them). They are running Windows 10 v1803 x64. A tool within Applied Ratings Property Rater keeps crashing with a BEX error. It was working about a month ago and we have been struggling for the last few weeks trying to figure out what happened.

The issue does not occur on Windows 7 x64 or Windows 10 x64 v1803 desktops.

We have tried a different user login account on the Surface and in the program itself.

We have create a new blank client file and it still crashes.

The crash itself happens when we login to the Applied Rating program, pull up a client file then launch the Property Rating tool. When the drop down box for "City" is opened and we try to select "MINDEN" it causes the propwin.exe (the popup window) to crash and log an error. Everything else is clickable and works fine. If we select any other city it is fine. Only the word "MINDEN" and only on the Surface devices does this occur.

We have also tried running the main program CQRS.exe and propwin.exe in compatibiltiy mode with Win7. We also tried to switch DEP to "Except" mode and added every EXE in the Applied folder to the list. After rebooting it still crashes with BEX problems.

One of the Surface units we decided to try a Windows 10 reset on then reinstalled the program but it still crashes.

We have the program vendor trying to help as well but we are out of ideas. Is there anything else we can do?

Thank you,

Faulting application name: propwin.exe, version: 2018.1.0.6, time stamp: 0x5b4cf99f
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process id: 0x9f4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d454d6704c49fb
    Faulting application path: C:\ASI\Rating Services\propwin.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: efbd0271-2fd7-4694-87ea-dd907e8bb1ca
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 2237721504336730649, type 5
    Event Name: BEX
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: propwin.exe
    P2: 2018.1.0.6
    P3: 5b4cf99f
    P4: StackHash_2beb
    P5: 0.0.0.0
    P6: 00000000
    P7: PCH_40_FROM_ntdll+0x0006A81C
    P8: c0000005
    P9: 00000008
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER282A.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2CDE.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2D0E.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2D2B.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER2D5B.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_propwin.exe_a688b7997fccedaa053cdeadedb66dbe385846_a9c8d4f8_24d73104

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: efbd0271-2fd7-4694-87ea-dd907e8bb1ca
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: eb3d07dad5e96701ff0dfbda2c3e5a19

Link to logs and a screenshot of the offending window:

OneDrive link

:)

CCI-Support, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 25, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface

1. Applied Rating Services BEX Error on Microsoft Surface - Similar Threads - Applied Rating Services

2. BEX Error when DEP is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEX Error when DEP is on: HelloI am trying to recreate a Proof of Concept for a vulnerability CVE-2018-12113. The vulnerable FTP client is installed on a Windows 10 VM. When the Python script is executed and the FTP client is used to connect to the server, the client crashes, which I think is supposed...
  3. BEX Error when DEP is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEX Error when DEP is on: HelloI am trying to recreate a Proof of Concept for a vulnerability CVE-2018-12113. The vulnerable FTP client is installed on a Windows 10 VM. When the Python script is executed and the FTP client is used to connect to the server, the client crashes, which I think is supposed...
  4. BEX Error when DEP is on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Dead Space BEX Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead Space BEX Error: Hi !I get this error since awhile back.The game has worked before but suddenly I got this error messages, any ideas?Best RegardsSonnyDead Space.exe Description Faulting Application Path: D:\Games\GOG Galaxy\Games\Dead Space\Dead Space\Dead Space.exe Creation Time: 7/10/2021...
  6. BEX PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BEX PROBLEM: HI i can't launch Minecraft. It send me a report and i don't know what to do to fix it. Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: MinecraftLauncher.exe Application Version: 1.0.1.0 Application Timestamp:...
  7. BEX event

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEX event: I wasn't sure where to go with this so here goes. I've used Cyberlink Media Suite for years. Until recently, I never had a problem. But since the latest cu, when I open PowerProducer6, it starts to open, freezes then it disappears. Obviously something is shutting it down. I...
  8. BEX event

in Windows 10 Support
    BEX event: I wasn't sure where to go with this so here goes. I've used Cyberlink Media Suite for years. Until recently, I never had a problem. But since the latest cu, when I open PowerProducer6, it starts to open, freezes then it disappears. Obviously something is shutting it down. I...
  9. I cannot apply Microphone Sample rate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot apply Microphone Sample rate: I installed Windows 10 Pro. My current version is 1809. However my Microphone sample rate went to 8000 Hz that is a telephone quality. I tried to changed it and at the first sight I was managed to do it, but when I clicked on Apply, it didn’t apply. I opened the advanced...
  10. Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change: Hi, I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open the advanced settings...