Windows 10: AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

Discus and support AppLocker blocking Windows Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by QF_J, Aug 14, 2020.

1. QF_J Win User

AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

Hi,

I am using a Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB OS version 1607 OS build 14393.0 and I am trying to configure some settings for AppLocker. I have only created the basic rules, but after some time after a gpupdate I have difficulties launching the Windows Settingseven as an administrator. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings 1b074a03-ca11-4891-9895-7315a51ac0da?upload=true.png

The followings are the settings I have made for AppLocker:

AppLocker blocking Windows Settings ea21bd84-0177-4654-9317-97cd27a3bd46?upload=true.png AppLocker blocking Windows Settings 74b276b6-1e19-484d-9ca6-2505fede61f0?upload=true.png

I have tried deleting the default rules - and instantly I was able to launch Windows Settings again so I am quite sure it is AppLocker that is causing this problem... I have captured an event log that corresponding to the launch of Windows Settings which was blocked. Could any kind soul please help me, thanks so much!

AppLocker blocking Windows Settings be981a8e-ca3a-4708-8ed2-7f9c6d1e1a30?upload=true.png

:)

2. chisle Win User

Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

• Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables
    • Applocker rules: set to enforcing
    • Service: AppIDSvc is running

I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the computer to study.
    However, even after rules are defined, and they are set to enforcing as blocked, the apps and executables are still available to them -- even after a reboot.

I have followed the instructions here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    However, there is still no blocking of the apps or the executables.
    Thank you for your consideration.

chisle, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
  4. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

AppLocker blocks everything...

Hi!

I am trying to use AppLocker throught GPO on a Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 with Windows Server 2012 R2. I have created the AppLocker policies, set to audit mode or enforced mode. I also added the default executable rules and then block rule for a specefic path
    location for an application in program files.

When I start (manually or automatic on boot) the Application Identity service, everything starts being blocked. I see the blocking events in the Event Viewer for any application in any location being blocked. Even though it is in Audit only mode. If I stop
    the Application Identity service, nothing change... I need to reboot my computer (with the service set to manual only, because if it's on automatic mode, this just caused windows to crash) to be able to do something... I tried to delete this registry keys
    before starting the service, and everything works until Computer group policies applied (and this recreate these keys...):
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\SrpV2\Exe There is no bad entries or something curious in there...

So, AppLocker blocks everything, without any reasons... Can somebody help me with this problem? Is this an issue with Win10 1703? Thank you very much!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hugo Langevin, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

AppLocker blocking Windows Settings

1. AppLocker blocking Windows Settings - Similar Threads - AppLocker blocking Settings

2. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  3. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker: Hello,I apologize for making a second post about this but it won't let me comment beneath the original one.I was advised to download several files from Microsoft's servers on this page https://store.rg-adguard.net/ which I have now done.However, when I try to install the...
  4. Microsoft Store install getting blocked by AppLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker blocks .ps1 extention: Dear all. we successfully configured and implemented applocker for all domain users. But on some computers we observed some ps1 script tried to run but blocked by applocker. could you please tell me what kind of script are they?...
  6. Block a DLL with Applocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Block a DLL with Applocker: Hi all, On my organization we want to implement Applocker to block unauthorized DLLs. So far, I've created a very simple test, I've created an exe file that loads a function stored on a DLL. I created the program using visual studio and C#. [ATTACH] I followed the...
  7. Blocking Edge with AppLocker

in Browsers and Email
    Blocking Edge with AppLocker: Does anyone know how to prevent Edge from running using AppLocker rules? I've tried various AppLocker rules to block Edge but Edge keeps running. If you have managed to block Edge using AppLocker, what rules did you create for this block to work? 83673
  8. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads: Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error...
  9. Windows 10 1703 - no "blocked" message from Applocker

Windows 10 1703 - no "blocked" message from Applocker: Trying to whip Win10 Enterprise into shape for our environment and just did my first Applocker policy (created the rules on a Win10 machine, exported and imported into my policy on our domain controllers). It worked mostly as expected. On the account of which the policy was...
  10. Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run: OS: Win10Pro Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables Applocker rules: set to enforcing Service: AppIDSvc is running I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the...