Windows 10: Applocker policy applied but not working

Discus and support Applocker policy applied but not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I created an applocker policy using default rules to test before applying to production. Enforcement is set to Enforce Rules. Application Identity... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ElmerTubiera, May 27, 2021.

1. Applocker policy applied but not working

Hi,I created an applocker policy using default rules to test before applying to production. Enforcement is set to Enforce Rules. Application Identity service is also enabled from the policy.On windows 10 client GPRESULT shows the policy was applied and the Application Identity service is started however it is not blocking any application outside of the default rules.Any advise?

:)

ElmerTubiera, May 27, 2021

2. Applocker Policy breaks Start Menu

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, build 10240. I am keeping my clients in a test OU. Everything has been working fine with it until I apply an Applocker policy. After the policy applies, the Start Menu and Cortana stop functioning. I am able to restore
    functionality by deleting the .Applocker files from %windir%\system32\Applocker and restarting. That fixes it until the policy reapplies and the .Applocker files are recreated.

Anyone have any guidance for a permanent solution on this issue?

J_hotsauce, May 27, 2021
  3. Search in Taskbar is not working with Applocker policy

Hi Everyone,

I have enabled AppLocker polices to disable Win10 UI apps e.g. Xbox, Groove Music, Solitare etc. Search in taskbar seems disabled with AppLocker policy. I am not able to search in Start menu for any app.

Thanks,

NG

Narayan Kumar Gupta, May 27, 2021
  4. JiriOlsar Win User

Applocker policy applied but not working

Start menu/ms-settings not working Windows 10

Yes I can see that, but I'm running Windows 10 Home edition.

To terminate AppLocker rule enforcement

• Backup the Group Policy Object (GPO) that contains the currently applied AppLocker rules.

• Delete all the AppLocker rules on that GPO. For steps how to do this, see the topics in

AppLocker Policy Procedures

• Push out the GPO that now contains the empty AppLocker policy to the affected client computers. For steps how to do this, see

Refresh an AppLocker Policy

• Disable the AppLocker service (appidsvc) on all the affected client computers. Optionally, you can restart the service. For steps how to do this, see

Configure the Application Identity Service
      . Alternatively, you can disable the AppLocker service using Group Policy instead of locally.

• Optionally, if you want to update the computers with another set of AppLocker rules (and the service has been enabled), you force a Group Policy update for the revised AppLocker policy. For steps how to do this, see

Refresh an AppLocker Policy

There is no Group policy object editor available here. Also
    AppIDSvc
    is stopped and can't be manually started. Error: "The operation could not be completed. The dependency service or group failed to start" due to fact, that AppLocker is not available in Home and Pro edition.

So why is it blocking the reinstallation, I don't know?

JiriOlsar, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Applocker policy applied but not working

1. Applocker policy applied but not working - Similar Threads - Applocker policy applied

2. AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing: Hi, I'm trying to block certain programs through AppLocker, but every time I'm applying an exemption specifically publisher, the group policy editor crashes with the error below. I want to exclude signed apps from the rule, and I set it up exactly as below, but it crashes. I...
  3. AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing: Hi, I'm trying to block certain programs through AppLocker, but every time I'm applying an exemption specifically publisher, the group policy editor crashes with the error below. I want to exclude signed apps from the rule, and I set it up exactly as below, but it crashes. I...
  4. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations: We are trying to apply some changes to the password policies for the domain users.We have verify everything from scope, delegation, inheritance block and still can't seem to find the issue. Which is that whenever the user tries changing the password using CTL+ALT+DELETE it...
  5. Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGro up/StoreApps/Policy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGro up/StoreApps/Policy: Hello, I have the following Problem in Windows 10 Home: MDM-ConfigurationManager: Befehlsfehlerstatus. ID der Konfiguratonsquelle: ({AD68119A-6A55-47B2-9764-C6F533708987}), Registrierungstyp: (FamilySafety), CSP-Name: (AppLocker), Befehlstyp: (Add: from Replace or Add),...
  6. AppLocker GPOs marked as applied but Rules are not enforced

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AppLocker GPOs marked as applied but Rules are not enforced: Hi Community, We have been experiencing a problem with AppLocker GPOs in a Windows 10 Environment. The Domain functionality level is: Server 2012R2 Domain Controllers are running: Windows Server 2016 Workstations are running: Windows 10 Enterprise Build 17134 We have 2...
  7. Search in Taskbar is not working with Applocker policy

in Cortana
    Search in Taskbar is not working with Applocker policy: Hi Everyone, I have enabled AppLocker polices to disable Win10 UI apps e.g. Xbox, Groove Music, Solitare etc. Search in taskbar seems disabled with AppLocker policy. I am not able to search in Start menu for any app. Thanks, NG...
  8. Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10: How to: Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 How to Clear AppLocker Policy in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and extensions that allow you to create rules to...
  9. Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10: How to: Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 How to Export and Import AppLocker Policy for Rules in Windows 10 AppLocker advances the app control features and functionality of Software Restriction Policies. AppLocker contains new capabilities and...
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...