Windows 10: applocker

Discus and support applocker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, There is a need to implement application whitelisting in my company. We are using windows 10 pro. So I decide to explore applocker as a mean to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sebastianw, Jun 21, 2021.

1. applocker

Hi all, There is a need to implement application whitelisting in my company. We are using windows 10 pro. So I decide to explore applocker as a mean to disable files from being run. I have created the default rules and base on what I've read. "Any executable file not allowed by the default rules below will automatically be blocked by default unless you create a new rule to allow it for a user or group." However, I am still able to execute files in C:\Temp. Can someone enlighten me on what I have miss out? Application Identity Service is running. Thanks Sebastian

:)

sebastianw, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

applocker publisher information cannot extracted Windows 10 only

Hi,

In order for us to know where the issue is coming from, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is this the first time that you'll be using AppLocker in Windows 10?
    • Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device before the issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting and the AppLocker you're using.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Applocker

I block the IE just for testing
    But now its block all exe file and i run the default rule.
    I want that regular user will be able to install exe files
    But applocker block all exe
    any suggestion ?

alexxx55555, Jun 21, 2021
  4. chisle Win User

applocker

Applocker not blocking -- Win10Pro, Applocker configured, AppIDsvc run

• Applocker: configured blocking of apps and executables
    • Applocker rules: set to enforcing
    • Service: AppIDSvc is running

I've been trying to get Edge and a couple other utilities blocked on the laptop to keep distractions to a minimum for my child who uses the computer to study.
    However, even after rules are defined, and they are set to enforcing as blocked, the apps and executables are still available to them -- even after a reboot.

I have followed the instructions here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    However, there is still no blocking of the apps or the executables.
    Thank you for your consideration.

chisle, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

applocker

1. applocker - Similar Threads - applocker

2. Applocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applocker: Hello I heard about applocker and how it helps to protect the PC.Should I enable applocker?Does it change the way I use my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applocker/40002d03-47d1-4cf4-afa6-233018750a75
  3. Applocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applocker: Hello I heard about applocker and how it helps to protect the PC.Should I enable applocker?Does it change the way I use my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applocker/40002d03-47d1-4cf4-afa6-233018750a75
  4. How do I block executables from running using applocker in a corporate / enterprise...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I block executables from running using applocker in a corporate / enterprise...: Hello, I am looking for helps blocking executables and unwatned apps from being ran on corporate and field PCs. We have windows pro and enterprise editions and I am looking for what would be the most efficient way of doing this. I have tried configuration profiles in intune...
  5. How do I block executables from running using applocker in a corporate / enterprise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I block executables from running using applocker in a corporate / enterprise...: Hello, I am looking for helps blocking executables and unwatned apps from being ran on corporate and field PCs. We have windows pro and enterprise editions and I am looking for what would be the most efficient way of doing this. I have tried configuration profiles in intune...
  6. How do I block executables from running using applocker in a corporate / enterprise...

7. Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to secure my desktop which is under win11pro 23H2 with secpol.msc .When I juste set my Applocker and create the basics rules then restart, I can't open my parameters. even my windows key doesn't work !!!I've look for "NoControlPanel" rule on regedit...
  8. Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?

Why when I active Applocker on my Windows 11 and activate the rules my parameters get blocked?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to secure my desktop which is under win11pro 23H2 with secpol.msc .When I juste set my Applocker and create the basics rules then restart, I can't open my parameters. even my windows key doesn't work !!!I've look for "NoControlPanel" rule on regedit...
  9. AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing: Hi, I'm trying to block certain programs through AppLocker, but every time I'm applying an exemption specifically publisher, the group policy editor crashes with the error below. I want to exclude signed apps from the rule, and I set it up exactly as below, but it crashes. I...
  10. AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing

AppLocker Policy keeps Crashing: Hi, I'm trying to block certain programs through AppLocker, but every time I'm applying an exemption specifically publisher, the group policy editor crashes with the error below. I want to exclude signed apps from the rule, and I set it up exactly as below, but it crashes. I...