Windows 10: "apply" button for settings

Discus and support "apply" button for settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't find one. Apparently the only way to invoke a change is to hit the X button. Which is a pain if I want to look at alternatives. Maybe a keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Dec 12, 2015.

1. tcebob Win User

"apply" button for settings

Can't find one. Apparently the only way to invoke a change is to hit the X button. Which is a pain if I want to look at alternatives. Maybe a keyboard shortcut?

:)

tcebob, Dec 12, 2015
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Dec 12, 2015
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. AndreyT Win User

Windows 10 uses the "new" approach to user interface. When you make changes in a non-modal settings window, they apply immediately, without waiting for you to hit any buttons. There's no need and no point in Apply button for such settings.

If you want to return to higher level settings window you hit the "back" arrow in the upper-left corner . If you want to leave settings altogether, you hit X.

AndreyT, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

1. "apply" button for settings - Similar Threads - apply button settings

2. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  3. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  4. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  6. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  7. Why Windows 10 Settings dialogs have no OK, Apply and Cancel buttons?

Why Windows 10 Settings dialogs have no OK, Apply and Cancel buttons?: I'm trying to re-gain the productivity i.e. speed of my computer to pre W10 W7 time. After doubling the memory of the PC a month or so ago, and still not getting near the speed I used to have, I ended up at "Background Apps" settings. I trust Apps are the same as Programs...
  8. Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button": Hey everyone, I'm encountering a strange bug with windows 10 mouse settings. Windows 10 Familial 1909 Mice: Logitech UltraThin Touch Mouse T630 along with its Setpoints drivers Control Center Version: 6.69.12 Driver Version: 5.94.124 The mice works fine and all the gesture...
  9. Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button": Hey everyone, I'm encountering a strange bug with windows 10 mouse settings. Windows 10 Familial 1909 Mice: Logitech UltraThin Touch Mouse T630 along with its Setpoints drivers Control Center Version: 6.69.12 Driver Version: 5.94.124 The mice works fine and all the gesture...
  10. Microphone settings will not apply

Microphone settings will not apply: Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the...