Windows 10: Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

Discus and support Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Jul 5, 2019.

1. bl00keRs Win User

Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something happens like reinstall or format, then every setting resets *092

Is there any way to apply these 8-10 columns for a folder, and then even apply these settings to all sub-folders of this folder and I even wonder if there's a registry path which let me backup all my folder columns settings? It's not only for these type of files I want to take the backup of, but across whole Windows would be nice to have a copy so I don't need to apply anything all the time shit happens and everything resets... PITA. Thank you in advance.

:)

bl00keRs, Jul 5, 2019
  2. 3GM
    3GM Win User

How to assign a folder column layout to subfolders?

I'm looking to go a step beyond copying the View settings to all folders (or selected).

After selecting the columns to include and then adjusting the order of them, I would like to assign that same setup to all subfolders under the currently active folder.

In which nook and/or cranny would I find that control?

Thanks!

3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

apply list view to only all subfolders

How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually.

Jerry Delacruz, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

1. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup - Similar Threads - Apply folder columns

2. Apply custom columns and widths to all folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apply custom columns and widths to all folders in Windows 10 File Explorer: I would like file explorer in Windows 10 to have the following columns and corresponding widths: Name 300 pixelsSize 75 pixelsDate modified 130 pixelsType 130 pixels, as shown in the attached imageI can change a single folder's settings to those dimensions, but can't figure...
  3. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  4. How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY

How to apply folder column Length and # to all subfolders ONLY: I'd like to apply "#" and "Length" columns to every subfolder inside of my Music folder. Not system wide. Is there anyway possible to do this quickly without manually editing hundreds of folders?Please don't copypasta the troll "Folder Options>Apply to folders" which applies...
  5. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  6. Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders

Customize folder view does not apply to subfolders: When using Windows Explorer, I want all my folders to be viewed as Documents. i.e Name, file size, last updated, etc.I do have some music sub-folders, but I don't like the Music view. Name track number, title, etc.So I go to the parent folder, right click for the context...
  7. apply list view to only all subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    apply list view to only all subfolders: How do I apply a view, specifically the "list" view, to only all of the subfolders of a folder without changing each one individually. 36806
  8. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  9. How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force subfolders to display parent folder's columns?: So example, I have folder named MP3. Inside this folder I have folder named FLAC. MP3 folder has Name, Title, Artist, Type, Bitrate columns. How to make FLAC folder to display the same things in the same exact arrangements? If I have FLAC 1, FLAC 2, FLAC3 then to...
  10. How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Add Column To All Subfolders in Explorer: I have a folder for all my mp3's, flac files. Tons of subfolders. Each one defaults to basic columns, Artist, Album, Title, etc. But I always want to see the type and the bit rate. How do I set this in Explorer for a folder and it's current and future subfolders? Thanks,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apply column choices to subfolders in File Explorer