Windows 10: Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

Discus and support Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. When I do it on a single folder it works, when I select multiple folders and try the same thing, nothing happens. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeaCrab131, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

Title.

When I do it on a single folder it works, when I select multiple folders and try the same thing, nothing happens.

submitted by /u/TeaCrab131
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TeaCrab131, Dec 1, 2019

2. Folder Template with shortcut to folder inside folder.

I showed you the principle of a method that will do what you wish. To apply it to any folder structure you need to understand how it works.

• In my shortcut I defined the "Start in" folder as %CD%. This means that the shortcut must use the
      current folder as its base. In my example this was C:\Templates\Template1\TestA.
    • For the shortcut I used this command line:

explorer.exe ..\TestB\Target

What exactly does this do? Here is the explanation:

1. "..\" tells Explorer to step on up in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA -> C:\Templates\Template1

2. "TestB" tells Explorer to steop one down in the directory tree:

C:\Templates\Template1 -> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

3. "Target" tells Explorer to open the file or folder "Target".
    Applying this knowledge, you could create a shortcut that makes Explorer step up two folders:

Explorer.exe ..\..\Template2\TestB\Target

C:\Templates\Template1\TestA

-> C:\Templates\Template1

-> C:\Templates

-> C:\Templates\Template2

-> C:\Templates\Template1\TestB

-> Open "Target"

Armed with this knowledge you can now fix your shortcut yourself.

Frederik Long, Dec 1, 2019
  3. jkchao297 Win User
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large.

Basically I know of three ways to change folder views:
    • Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious.
    • Folder Properties > Customize > "Optimize this Folder for" - which gives you greater control and only changes the current folder and its subfolders (which is what I want).
    • Folder Options > View > "Apply to Folders" - which changes ALL folders on your computer to the current folder settings, which is a rather intrusive option (not at all what I want).

The Optimize setting and it's templates are great - I just want to find ways to tweak them or perhaps make my own templates for this feature? Or perhaps there is a 3rd party folder software that can do what I want. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jkchao297, Dec 1, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK.

1. Apply folder optimization template to multiple selected folders DOES NOT WORK. - Similar Threads - Apply folder optimization

2. The Optimize Option from the Customize Tab Not Working with Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Optimize Option from the Customize Tab Not Working with Multiple Folders: Greetings, people!I'm organizing my entire music library, but I'm having a hard time trying to optimize all folders at once to the music template because Windows won't do it all at once. Just to clarify things up, I have one big folder named "iTunes" and this folder has a lot...
  3. The Optimize Option from the Customize Tab Not Working with Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Optimize Option from the Customize Tab Not Working with Multiple Folders: Greetings, people!I'm organizing my entire music library, but I'm having a hard time trying to optimize all folders at once to the music template because Windows won't do it all at once. Just to clarify things up, I have one big folder named "iTunes" and this folder has a lot...
  4. The Optimize Option from the Customize Tab Not Working with Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my folder templates never apply ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my folder templates never apply ?: Hello,I'm using windows 11, before in windows 10 I used to change and apply folder template on my folders and subfolders also Folder view option.However, since I moved to windows 11, none of my template and changes to my template are saved or even took into consideration by...
  6. Why my folder templates never apply ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my folder templates never apply ?: Hello,I'm using windows 11, before in windows 10 I used to change and apply folder template on my folders and subfolders also Folder view option.However, since I moved to windows 11, none of my template and changes to my template are saved or even took into consideration by...
  7. Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows selects multiple folders on selecting single folder: Windows selects multiple files/folders when tapping a single file/folder and when I try to open that file ,windows explorer opens all the files in multiple windows....and it's very annoying.. can't do anything with the laptop and some issues with the keyboard occurs when this...
  8. built-in folder templates

built-in folder templates: hello, i cant find an answer to what i am trying to achieve so i'll appreciate anyone's help.. There are 5 built-in folder view templates General, document, music, videos & picture i know i can change and save the view options in these 5 templates and i found lots of...
  9. optimize this folder does not save changes

optimize this folder does not save changes: I have a problem with: What kind of folder do you want? Optimize this folder for: I change the drop down from 'General items' to 'Video', click Apply, then ok. when i open the folder, it still show my General settings. I double check properties and it reverted back to...
  10. Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry location for: "Optimize this folder for" templates: Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew where the regedit location was for these default templates? I want to change the Picture template from Large to Extra Large. Basically I know of three ways to change folder views: Manually using the view quickbar - which is tedious....