Windows 10: Apply to all folders greyed out

Discus and support Apply to all folders greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro installed and i am a little confused why the Apply to all folders is greyed out in the File Explorer options. for instance before in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Feb 14, 2018.

1. encom45 Win User

Apply to all folders greyed out

Windows 10 pro installed and i am a little confused why the Apply to all folders is greyed out in the File Explorer options. for instance before in windows 7 pro i would maximize the Computer window and set it to details view then go to the Global Apply to all folders voila done but with Win10 its greyed out I am local admin account. *Confused

:)

encom45, Feb 14, 2018

2. set default folder view in Windows 10?

I have now had success!

My Apply to all Folders was also greyed out.

Navigated to: This PC>Local Disk(CApply to all folders greyed out :)>Users>(my user's name).

Clicked the View Tab and under the Panes group chose Details AND under the
    Layout group chose Details. Then all the way to the right hand side of the ribbon (as it is called these days) and chose Options>(or 'Change folder and search options' if you chose the down arrow)>View and whoa
    and behold my greyed out Apply button was no longer greyed out. I clicked 'Apply to Folders' >Apply>OK.

All is now well. Thank heavens for that!

Shayne van der Heijden, Feb 14, 2018
  3. hartlenb Win User
    Windows 10 file sharing with user permissions using homegroup network on Windows 10.

Thanks for the reply but...

I'm trying to be able to share entire directory structures (starting at the top level folder and have it include all files and sub-folders. The share button is greyed out on the folder(s) I'm trying to share... in fact it seems to be greyed out for all folders
    and is only enabled when I select files.

I do see a few homegroup options (view or view and edit) which I tried.. but those rights only seem to apply to the specific folder, it doesn't apply the rights to sub-folders.

Apply to all folders greyed out [​IMG]

hartlenb, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Apply to all folders greyed out - Similar Threads - Apply folders greyed

2. Apply to all folders greyed out in file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apply to all folders greyed out in file explorer windows 10: I want to set the view on file explorer so that all folders and files within are set to medium icons. When I go into the the Options to set it, the Apply to all folders is greyed out....
  3. Apply to all folders greyed out in file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apply to all folders greyed out in file explorer windows 10: I want to set the view on file explorer so that all folders and files within are set to medium icons. When I go into the the Options to set it, the Apply to all folders is greyed out....
  4. Apply to all folders greyed out in file explorer windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  6. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  7. "Apply to Folder" Greyed out for Tablet and mobile devices folder

in Windows 10 Support
    "Apply to Folder" Greyed out for Tablet and mobile devices folder: How do I set the folder settings permanently for mobile devices? It is greyed out in folder options. [img] I want to have "Date modified" to always be an option in the context menu, without having to set it every time I connect my devices. 169065
  8. ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ALL MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT: ALL OF MY MICROSOFT APPS GREYED OUT WITH A EXCALAMATION SIGN.. I UPDATED MY WINDOWS BUT NOTHING CHANGED WHAT SHOULD I DO ? PLEASE HELP MICROSOFT... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-microsoft-apps-greyed-out/15f24896-9100-4fab-ab18-7241e05d7193
  9. All Microsoft programs Greyed OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Microsoft programs Greyed OUT: I have a family 360 , account. My computer is working, but another computer in the house All the Microsoft programs are greyed out. We have restarted the computer, we have re-downloaded the suite, we have ran virus software. Any ideas why the programs are not working ??? This...
  10. Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing to List View but Apply to All Folders is grayed out: Since XP, I've been able to change my folder view then click on Apply to All Folders. This seems buggy in Windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-to-list-view-but-apply-to-all-folders-is/1fee229d-6335-4009-bcbb-55b3f8ca8911"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apply to folders grayed Windows 10

2. grey apply to folders

3. grey apply to folders windows 10

4. permisson not prpergating down to other folder teh apply to greyed out,
  5. apply to folders greyed out windows 10,
  6. apply to all folders greyed out