Windows 10: Apply to all folders greyed out

Discus and support Apply to all folders greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro installed and i am a little confused why the Apply to all folders is greyed out in the File Explorer options. for instance before in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Feb 14, 2018.

1. encom45 Win User

Apply to all folders greyed out

Windows 10 pro installed and i am a little confused why the Apply to all folders is greyed out in the File Explorer options. for instance before in windows 7 pro i would maximize the Computer window and set it to details view then go to the Global Apply to all folders voila done but with Win10 its greyed out I am local admin account. *Confused

:)

encom45, Feb 14, 2018

2. set default folder view in Windows 10?

I have now had success!

My Apply to all Folders was also greyed out.

Navigated to: This PC>Local Disk(CApply to all folders greyed out :)>Users>(my user's name).

Clicked the View Tab and under the Panes group chose Details AND under the
    Layout group chose Details. Then all the way to the right hand side of the ribbon (as it is called these days) and chose Options>(or 'Change folder and search options' if you chose the down arrow)>View and whoa
    and behold my greyed out Apply button was no longer greyed out. I clicked 'Apply to Folders' >Apply>OK.

All is now well. Thank heavens for that!

Shayne van der Heijden, Feb 14, 2018
  3. hartlenb Win User
    Windows 10 file sharing with user permissions using homegroup network on Windows 10.

Thanks for the reply but...

I'm trying to be able to share entire directory structures (starting at the top level folder and have it include all files and sub-folders. The share button is greyed out on the folder(s) I'm trying to share... in fact it seems to be greyed out for all folders
    and is only enabled when I select files.

I do see a few homegroup options (view or view and edit) which I tried.. but those rights only seem to apply to the specific folder, it doesn't apply the rights to sub-folders.

Apply to all folders greyed out [​IMG]

hartlenb, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Apply to all folders greyed out - Similar Threads - Apply folders greyed

2. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  3. Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup

in Windows 10 Support
    Apply folder columns to all subfolders and a backup: I'd like to have my music albums and movies in folders with 8-10 columns for every folder, like 500 folders with sub-sub-sub folders if you know what I mean. I need to apply manually these 8-10 columns for each folder I want to have it the way I want, and then if something...
  4. Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out: Hi all, Recently had my laptop fixed and returned, everything had gotten reset so I re-downloaded a game that required a UDP Port. The Port was being blocked by my firewall and so I opened up my firewall tab through the steps: (The red boxes in the pictures show that they...
  5. Controlled folder access is greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled folder access is greyed out: In the new Fall update there is a controlled folder access option. Which I would much like to use. I think it is meant to be on by default, for at least basic protection.. Mine is both off and greyed out so that I can not turn it on. I've read a couple of random internet...
  6. Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps greyed out with Users folder relocated: During Windows 10 clean installation from bootable USB drive - using https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html - I've relocated Users folder into D:\ directory. Operation went smooth but now I've encountered a problem mentioned in topic's title and presented...
  7. why is my start menu folders greyed out?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is my start menu folders greyed out?: [img] Everything is greyed out. How do I fix this? 14766
  8. Grey X's on some NOT ALL folders on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey X's on some NOT ALL folders on desktop: This seems to be a known issue across many Windows platforms: Vista, 7, 8, ... now in Ten. I am not running Norton or any other malware antivirus (no threats from recent scan) other then Windows Defender. Been good so far all through WIN7 and 8.1. The Greyed Xs (see...
  9. Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Standard apps + Store app are all greyed out: Seems like the apps are stuck in "update" mode and they just pop up a few milliseconds and then close when clicked. [img] Have tried running this code in Powershell as admin (found it here): Code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  10. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grey apply to folders

2. grey apply to folders windows 10

3. permisson not prpergating down to other folder teh apply to greyed out

4. apply to folders greyed out windows 10,
  5. apply to all folders greyed out