Windows 10: Applying icon packs to individual users

Discus and support Applying icon packs to individual users in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, So I've used 7tsp to apply a custom icon pack to my system. Works very well with the custom theme I use. However, my partnet has an account on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wooden_Style, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Applying icon packs to individual users

Hi all,

So I've used 7tsp to apply a custom icon pack to my system. Works very well with the custom theme I use. However, my partnet has an account on my computer that she uses and all the icons are changed for her as well. Since she's using the default Windows theme navigating Windows Explorer is not as easy as it could be. I'm wondering if there is a way of applying an icon pack just to my account and reverting hers back to default.

Cheers!

submitted by /u/Wooden_Style
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wooden_Style, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Applying (British) language pack - CU

Changing Windows system (base) language can be done with Sysprep. It's both easy and fast. The below process takes two three minutes, excluding the time required to install a language pack.

Step 1: Install language pack for the preferred system language you want to change to

Step 2: Run following command to force Windows to reboot to OOBE:

%windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot

Applying icon packs to individual users [​IMG]

Step 3: Windows will restart in OOBE (Windows Welcome). Select new system language:

This does not only change the system language, it also changes number, date, time and other formats globally (24H clock, week starts on Monday and so on when switching from EN-US to EN-GB).

Step 4: When OOBE comes to initial user creation, create a temporary local user (I use user Dummy here, you can't use any existing user names):

Step 5: When on desktop, sign out from Dummy.

Step 6: Sign in with your original admin account.

Step 7: Delete Dummy user account.

That's it. From now on your system (base) language is what you selected in step 3. For instance, if you have opted in for Insider builds and have got the upgrades in original system language (EN-US in your case), you will from now on get upgrades in new system language (EN-GB).

I use this method to get Insider build upgrades in Finnish and Swedish using the same Hyper-V virtual machine. I installed Windows 10 PRO in Finnish and created a checkpoint, then switched the system language to Swedish as told above and again created a checkpoint. Now when upgrade builds have been released, I apply Finnish checkpoint, get the upgrade and make an ISO in Finnish, then apply the Swedish checkpoint and get upgrade and make ISO in Swedish.

3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Applying icon packs to individual users

How to install Language Pack in windows 10 that applies to all user accounts and not only local admin accounts

Please note that I tried to install French language pack on windows 10 English OS machine and succeeded getting the operating system work in French, however only if I am logged in as local administrator. This laptop is joined to company domain and when
    domain users login they see operating system in English. I have tried the same steps to apply French language pack on each user account, unfortunately it does not work.

Any suggestions please?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

VartouhiSamvelian, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Applying icon packs to individual users

1. Applying icon packs to individual users - Similar Threads - Applying icon packs

2. Individual sound settings for each user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Individual sound settings for each user: I have a Win 10 Pro machine with 2 users.User A uses a Bluetooth headphone.User B wants to use the installed loudspeaker.How can this be configured, so that each user has automatically his individual settings i.e. A = headphones, B = loudspeaker, when logging in.***** moved...
  3. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  4. Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other GPO is applied on two users what shouldn't be applied: Our terminal server GPO is effecting 2 users who work locally. Does somebody knows why this is happening?This happened if they log in on every workstation....
  5. Is there a way to increase the seize of individual icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to increase the seize of individual icons?: As title: i want to have different icon dimensions in my desktop. Is there a way (even a third party app) to change the seize of individual apps? Of course I'm on windows 10 submitted by /u/Dave1907 [link] [comments]...
  6. Icon packs?

Icon packs?: I want to change all the icons on my desktop to have a consistent theme. Anyone know of a good place to find icon packs for a lot of software/apps? I'm talking from browsers, to game platforms, to video and picture editing software (library of many apps). Is this really the...
  7. Switching Account Applied to User

Switching Account Applied to User: My dad gave me his laptop, which I had been using for schoolwork and gaming, with all my stuff on his account. Is there a way to change his account to me instead of him? He is marked as a parent in the family of accounts. submitted by /u/Catdaddy0124 [link] [comments]...
  8. Show hidden icons chevron missing some individual icons…

in Windows 10 Support
    Show hidden icons chevron missing some individual icons…: Hi, I seem to remember the show hidden icons chevron at the bottom right of the screen always showed a shield shaped icon with a tick confirming there was no security problems. If there was a problem the tick changed to an exclamation mark (I think I have the description...
  9. Custom icons for individual files

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom icons for individual files: How can I change the icon for an individual file? For example, I have a phonelist.docx Word file on my desktop and would like to change the icon from the default Word icon to a telephone icon. How can that be done? 33083
  10. Applying (British) language pack - CU

in Windows 10 Support
    Applying (British) language pack - CU: Hi, after I upgraded to the CU a few weeks ago, I noted that the GUI was US English, but I had had British English applied when using the Anniversary Update. In Settings it looked as if the UK pack was still installed. I removed it, set US English as default, restarted....