Windows 10: Applying machine policies on wifi only Win 10

Discus and support Applying machine policies on wifi only Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, we are looking at using wifi only offices. I have a query about this though. When we had windows 7 machines, if they were not wired into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nickjm2103, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Applying machine policies on wifi only Win 10

Hello, we are looking at using wifi only offices. I have a query about this though. When we had windows 7 machines, if they were not wired into the network, they wouldn't receive updated group policies because the device wouldn't connect to the network until after the user logged in.

We currently run windows 10 and have a machine policy that pushes out our wifi settings (it is machine auth based). My query is that if we go wifi only, and I updated any machine policy that wouldn't normally apply during a background refresh, would a wifi only windows 10 device receive this policy change? When would the device connect to the wifi network, would it be before user login or after? Is it feasible for us to go wifi only?

many thanks
    Nick

:)

Nickjm2103, Oct 13, 2019
  2. fdegrove Win User

Group Policy on home machine?!?!?!?!?

Hi,

Had the same issue on a number of occasions. This is what solved it for me:

Steps to fix 'Some settings are managed by your organization' message in Windows 10
    Make sure you have administrator rights and follow the steps below:

Step 1: Launch Run prompt by right clicking the Windows Start menu icon. Type in gpedit.msc and click OK or Enter.
    Step 2: In Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc), go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    Step 3: Find the Allow Telemetry item and double-click it to edit the policies.
    Step 4: Change the setting to Enabled. Change the drop-down menu entry to 3-Full and click Apply.
    Step 5: Now open the item again and change its Setting to Not configured and hit the Save button.
    The message should no longer stop you from accessing various system settings in Windows 10.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 13, 2019
  3. WeberK Win User
    Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy

Is there a reason for Group Policy not applying on a new machine after Windows 10 update 1903 was installed?

WeberK, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Applying machine policies on wifi only Win 10

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Applying machine policies on wifi only Win 10

1. Applying machine policies on wifi only Win 10 - Similar Threads - Applying machine policies

2. vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...: what is a virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmnn-app-applies-to-a-virtual-machine-what-is-a/232b187c-1364-40b7-b258-70c2d596069e
  3. vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vmnn app applies to a virtual machine. what is a virtual machine. just have desktop win 10...: what is a virtual machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vmnn-app-applies-to-a-virtual-machine-what-is-a/232b187c-1364-40b7-b258-70c2d596069e
  4. SCCM antimalware policy not getting applied on client machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SCCM antimalware policy not getting applied on client machine: I have added few exclusions in antimalware policy via SCCM but some how its not getting applied on client machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sccm-antimalware-policy-not-getting-applied-on/95254f77-28ab-4074-a5b3-e073bf38a223
  5. Applocker policy applied but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Applocker policy applied but not working: Hi,I created an applocker policy using default rules to test before applying to production. Enforcement is set to Enforce Rules. Application Identity service is also enabled from the policy.On windows 10 client GPRESULT shows the policy was applied and the Application...
  6. How to apply Group Policy to Non-Administrators only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to apply Group Policy to Non-Administrators only in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, all changed made in the Local Group Policy Editor applied to all users of your system. If you want to apply Group Policy […] This article How to apply Group Policy to Non-Administrators only in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 not applying Group Policy: Is there a reason for Group Policy not applying on a new machine after Windows 10 update 1903 was installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-not-applying-group-policy/9354e93f-a515-439f-aa96-d2989d771872
  8. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  9. See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10: How to: See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10 How to See Applied Group Policies in Windows 10 The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a single user interface through which all the the Computer...
  10. Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Group Policies that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions In Windows 10, version 1511, the following Group Policies apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education. [img] Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ation-editions...