Windows 10: AppModel-State event id 20 and 21

Discus and support AppModel-State event id 20 and 21 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I deleted Dragon software using Windows software uninstall. After that my screen refreshed repeatedly. If I tried to launch an app from my task bar it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yulonda Stephens, Nov 5, 2019.

1. AppModel-State event id 20 and 21

I deleted Dragon software using Windows software uninstall. After that my screen refreshed repeatedly. If I tried to launch an app from my task bar it would cause the screen to refresh and not launch the app. I checked my log and it lists thousands of AppModel-State event ID 20 and 21 in a day. I would like to restore to an older version of my system to remove the cause of this problem. However, I would also like to know what actually caused this problem to avoid it in the future. I've run McAfee and windows security app but no bugs of any kind were found.

I don't know what category this falls under so I chose what seemed most appropriate.

:)

Yulonda Stephens, Nov 5, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

Event ID 20 errors becoming more frequent

The reason why I can't find anything is probably because it isn't an event that is collected by the DM Log Collector, look at the time.
    Event ID 5
    Looking at the log name, WHEA, I have already suggested a possible solution for it. The log itself doesn't contain useful information to suggest something extra so I'll need your feedback on this later.
    Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA/OperationalSource:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA Date:          3/28/2016 9:57:29 AM Event ID:      5 Task Category: None Level:         Information Keywords:       User:          SYSTEM Computer:      TheDude Description:
    The time of the other logs, but nothing between it.
    Code:
    Code:
    Event[4092]:  Log Name: System   Source: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client   Date: 2016-03-28T09:57:12.575   Event ID: 50037   Task: Service State Event   Level: Information   Opcode: ServiceStop   Keyword: N/A   User: S-1-5-19   User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE   Computer: TheDude   Description:  DHCPv4 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1   Event[4093]:   Log Name: System   Source: EventLog   Date: 2016-03-28T09:57:33.621   Event ID: 6009   Task: N/A   Level: Information   Opcode: N/A   Keyword: Classic   User: N/A   User Name: N/A   Computer: TheDude   Description:  Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 10.00. 10586  Multiprocessor Free.
    But as I already mentioned, event ID 20 is nothing to worry about, it is the event that tells you if your system did or did not shut down proper.

axe0, Nov 5, 2019
  3. event id 10016

Hi Steven,

Go through this
    forum post
    and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Nov 5, 2019
  4. AppModel-State event id 20 and 21

Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

AppModel-State event id 20 and 21

1. AppModel-State event id 20 and 21 - Similar Threads - AppModel State event

2. How to fix event id 4614 event category 20

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix event id 4614 event category 20: My system will sometimes freeze up and I have to reset it by holding the button down. When it does freeze I am able to still here sounds in the background albeit in a loop of sorts. This usually happens during a video game but not any one specific one. I checked the log and...
  3. How to fix event id 4614 event category 20

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix event id 4614 event category 20: My system will sometimes freeze up and I have to reset it by holding the button down. When it does freeze I am able to still here sounds in the background albeit in a loop of sorts. This usually happens during a video game but not any one specific one. I checked the log and...
  4. event id: 20

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    event id: 20: I have tried multiples times to update to windows 11 but after getting the first couple of reboots it gives me the blue screen of death at around 63% completion I have tried chkdsk, sfc scannow, windows troubleshooter, bios reset, manual install of windows 11USB and windows...
  5. event id: 20

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event id: 20: I have tried multiples times to update to windows 11 but after getting the first couple of reboots it gives me the blue screen of death at around 63% completion I have tried chkdsk, sfc scannow, windows troubleshooter, bios reset, manual install of windows 11USB and windows...
  6. event id: 20

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Event ID 65 AppModel-Runtime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Event ID 65 AppModel-Runtime: I keep getting an error in the event viewer for Event ID 65 AppModel-Runtime. The General Notes read "Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows." The Details Screen read: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime...
  8. im getting an error code of AppModel-Runtime Event ID 65

im getting an error code of AppModel-Runtime Event ID 65: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin Source: Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime Date: 7/17/2020 5:38:44 AM Event ID: 65 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Process User: DESKTOP-U41E22R\Brandon Computer:...
  9. Event 65, AppModel-Runtime

Event 65, AppModel-Runtime: I am getting these errors with "Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModelRuntime status for package Windows." Anyone know what's causing this? Computer is up to date with windows updates... Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin Source:...
  10. Recurring Event ID 65 AppModel-Runtime - Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Recurring Event ID 65 AppModel-Runtime - Windows 10 2004: Hi! I've recently been having some BSOD issues so I decided to reinstall Windows. I still don't know whether it has fixed the problem yet, but since installing Windows 10 2004 (19041.329) I've noticed a recurring error in Event Viewer that slightly concerns me: Event ID 65...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appmodel-state 24

2. event id 20 appmodel-state