Windows 10: Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

Discus and support Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter has a new laptop and has used firefox on it since yesterday. Today then a window popped up with the request to ask permission to use the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Melanie Kinghan, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

My daughter has a new laptop and has used firefox on it since yesterday. Today then a window popped up with the request to ask permission to use the app from an adult.

I followed the procedure 5 times, and my husband 3 times but it still does not work. We restarted the machine and shut it down/started it up. Nothing works. That's rather frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

:)

Melanie Kinghan, Dec 26, 2020

2. ms family is blocking firefox

Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox.

When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'.

I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the permission, yet it still blocks firefox.

I've deleted his account and re-created it. Firefox opens on his laptop if i log in under my credentials.

bobbylendi, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family

1. Approval for my child to use Firefox does not work in family - Similar Threads - Approval child Firefox

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Family Safety Approval

Family Safety Approval: So, sometimes my parents are away from home or something when I ask for permission for something. How exactly do I know whether or not they have approved my request, because for as long as I have been subjected to MFS, I have never seen a notification telling me my request...
  5. Family Safety Approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Approval: So, sometimes my parents are away from home or something when I ask for permission for something. How exactly do I know whether or not they have approved my request, because for as long as I have been subjected to MFS, I have never seen a notification telling me my request...
  6. Family Safety Approval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working

Microsoft Family safety app - approval not working: I have added Microsoft Family Features to my 9 year old son's new computer to monitor and track his usage. We can't get it to allow him to use the 'Minecraft Launcher' App.When he clicks to open the app, he gets the following screen:I as the parent get two notifications. One...
  8. Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Granting family permissions for chrome does not work even if approved: I've searched and there are a number of threads on this already. None of the solutions work. The family settings show that permission is granted. " Google Chrome Allowed. You gave Laetitia permission to use Google Chrome. " But every time I click on chrome it still...
  9. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...
  10. Approving Google Chrome for a Child

Approving Google Chrome for a Child: How do I permanently approve for my child to use Google Chrome? It only allows me to approve 3 hours. My children need this to do their Google Classroom. This only became an issue today....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft family features permanently blocked Firefox