Windows 10: apps and feature is taking to much storage

Discus and support apps and feature is taking to much storage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SabaWarnali, Jan 17, 2022.

1. apps and feature is taking to much storage

helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago

:)

SabaWarnali, Jan 17, 2022
  2. HailLaure Win User

Why does Apps and Features say it’s taking up more storage than the sum of the apps?

I’m trying to make room on my computer and noticed that Apps and Features in storage settings says it takes up 134GB. I went through all the apps to try and figure out how the heck that happened and noticed that:

1) there are a bunch of apps that don’t list a storage size beside them (this includes things from Epson, Dropbox, Norton Security, Spotify, Steam, etc). I also uninstalled Spotify to see how much it would make a difference and nothing changed, even after
    a restart.

2) if I add up everything manually, including my best estimates for these files without the storage size listed, I come at most to 50GB. Are there other apps in this section that aren’t shown or why would this be happening?

HailLaure, Jan 17, 2022
  3. Apps & Features taking up 100GB of Disk Space

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a Surface Laptop that has 120 GB of disk space, and of late notice that Apps & Features has taken up about 100GB of my disk space. When referring to it through Systems/Storage - it shows that App & Features has taken up 100GB, but in referring to
    the list of apps listed, there's at most 30GB. What's puzzling is there about 70GB that I am not able to find which app is taking up all that disk space. Have done all the disk/system cleanup and the space wouldn't clear.

Appreciate any advise. Thanks

limsingapore, Jan 17, 2022
  4. apps and feature is taking to much storage

STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES

Ayush,

Instead of Storage sense, please try using Treesize which would tell you the exact picture of how Windows is taking up the data.

TreeSize Free | JAM Software

Apps and features is a generalized sort of thing tbh(it includes a lot of things else as well, even if it does not fit into the category 'apps' and 'features').

Sumit - Insider MVP, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

apps and feature is taking to much storage

1. apps and feature is taking to much storage - Similar Threads - apps feature taking

2. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  3. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  4. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. apps and feature is taking to much storage

apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  6. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  7. STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.

STORAGE - Apps & Features is taking up a lot of space.: My Apps & Features is taking up 150gb of storage; the total apps I have don't come anywhere near even 5gb.Where is the rest of this coming from? I am trying to backup my phone to my iTunes and I cannot do so because my local disk is full. I have checked pictures/videos, maps,...
  8. Windows 10 Taking up to Much Storage

Windows 10 Taking up to Much Storage: Hi, I have windows 10 and it is taking up storage on my small ssid I only have 1g of storage left. Does anybody know how to maybe shrink the system reserved files so I have more storage?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features

My apps dont take as much space as it shows in storage at apps and features: The space that is says they are taking 40GB my apps that are downloaded take only 8GB i dont know what are the rest of the files or apps that are taking this space, cause its only feature is to look at apps and features and they only show that part of 8Gb memory of apps...
  10. Low on space, Apps and features take too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low on space, Apps and features take too much space: My computer has a limited amount of space (100GB) and I really wanted to clean its storage. I uninstalled a lot of programs, made sure to check leftover files, kept only 15GB of games and OnDrive. Still, Apps and Features take 33 GBs of storage. I had managed to remove...