Windows 10: Apps and features storage discrepancy

Discus and support Apps and features storage discrepancy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I look at my storage space in settings, it says apps and features take up 64.5 gb. However, when I go into the control panel and look at the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The-Cobalt-Crusader, May 21, 2020.

1. Apps and features storage discrepancy

When I look at my storage space in settings, it says apps and features take up 64.5 gb. However, when I go into the control panel and look at the list of installed programs and features there, it says they only total to 1.45 gb. Anyone know what's causing this discrepancy? What's with that extra 63 gb I'm shown in settings?

submitted by /u/The-Cobalt-Crusader
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The-Cobalt-Crusader, May 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Storage Discrepancy

I have Windows 10 Home Premium with the April 2018 update installed on and Acer Aspire tablet.he

I have noticed and odd discrepancy in the reported used and free space between the C drive properties and the Windows 10 Storage app in Settings.

The afforementioned C drive properties reports the C drive as having 21GB of used space and 7.41GB of free space.

The Windows Storage app in settings is reporting slightly differently with 21.7GB used and 7.38GB free

I also have a Micro SD card mounted which does not appear to show any discrepancy in the reported storage space.

Apps and features storage discrepancy 2b3193cd-9614-4b0b-8202-2f90cea9742e?upload=true.png

Any ideas for the discrepancy?

Regards,

Barney

barney_bloggs, May 21, 2020
  3. Curious Browser app discrepancies after upgrading to Win10

After doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10, I'm seeing some curious discrepancies within the Win10 Settings\Apps areas:

Win10's Settings\Apps & features, lists just two browsers:
    - one Mozilla Firefox app.
    - one Microsoft Edge app.
    And Win10's Settings\Default Apps, correctly lists Firefox as my default web browser.

However,
    Win10's Settings\Default Apps\Set defaults by app, shows:
    - one Microsoft Edge icon (that's ok)
    - two Firefox icons. (Why are there two Firefox icons?)
    - one Internet Explorer icon. (Why do I see an Internet Explorer icon, if Internet Explorer does not show up as an installed app? When I upgraded, didn't Microsoft Edge replace Internet Explorer?)

Many thanks in advance,

Winver 1903, Build 18362.418
    Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Al Nonymous, May 21, 2020
  4. sam iko Win User

Apps and features storage discrepancy

new features 'completed' no details given: sd storage of apps and storage clean up

For example:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...racking_code=da61a0d7fd4a8d3f5764ea2b0e3661b2

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...racking_code=41f021c2f1ea44753096691f01539f29

these two topics requesting sd storage for apps and some way to clean up phone storage have been closed as completed. But the copied and pasted template answer doesn't tell us how!!!

many of us have already searched for an answer and found nothing. There is no way to do what they say they have done for us!!!

so its seems Microsoft not only ignore their 'support forum' but also 'complete' tasks without doing so just to meet some stats somewhere.

if Microsoft actually read this my suggestion is a link at least to a 'how to use this new feature' when you close a suggestion.

in the very least explain what was done to complete these two

sam iko, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Apps and features storage discrepancy

1. Apps and features storage discrepancy - Similar Threads - Apps features storage

2. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  3. apps and feature is taking to much storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps and feature is taking to much storage: helloi have noticed that apps and feature is taking a lot of storage on my laptop it use to be less than 40GB 2 days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-feature-is-taking-to-much-storage/6df5c318-41c3-4dbd-bcb7-42f3c3abb5fe
  4. Apps & Features Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps & Features Storage: I went through and added the total amount of storage it shows is taken up and it only adds up to around 10 gigs. The storage claims there is almost 200 gigs taken up there and I cannot figure out why....
  5. Apps & Features Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps & Features Storage: I went through and added the total amount of storage it shows is taken up and it only adds up to around 10 gigs. The storage claims there is almost 200 gigs taken up there and I cannot figure out why....
  6. Apps & Features Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. storage usage, apps and features

storage usage, apps and features: In storage, it says apps and features is using 174 GB of my very tiny 256GB SSD. BUT when I click on Apps and Features, the numbers are not anywhere close to adding up to 174 GB. When I add up what it shows me, it barely comes to 3 GB, so where is all the other space??...
  8. Storage Problems apps & features

Storage Problems apps & features: I have a 238GB drive. Windows settings says I have 187GB in Apps & Features. My drive is now full. I have added nothing to my computer. When I check the Apps through settings, I have 73 apps that add up to maybe a few GB. I have done all the traditional fixes that...
  9. STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES

STORAGE , APPS & FEATURES: Hi, upon going to system settings and seeing the storage i can see that the apps & features is occupying 160 GB but upon clicking on it , it hardly show me 4 GB worth of information approx. i am not sure what apps & features is taking up so much space and no details are...
  10. Windows Storage Spaces Utilization Discrepancy

Windows Storage Spaces Utilization Discrepancy: I've searched high-and-low for an answer to this but haven't figured it out yet. So before I wipe, reinitialize, and then restore from backup, I'm here hoping for an answer. I'm using Windows Storage Spaces to create a single-drive Parity space using 5x2TB hard drives....