Windows 10: apps and files

Discus and support apps and files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Don’t have a question, but would like to share an opinion? Have tips or advice to share? Select this option to start a discussion with the community.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by akbarpanjwani, Sep 14, 2020.

1. apps and files

Don’t have a question, but would like to share an opinion? Have tips or advice to share? Select this option to start a discussion with the community. Category: * Product *

Check apps and files, how to turn on in windows defender

:)

akbarpanjwani, Sep 14, 2020
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps and files :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 14, 2020
  4. apps and files

Non-Store Default Apps for a file protocol in windows 10

Hi Ajo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1) Right click on the file and select choose another app to open. It will display the list of apps to open.

2) If the app is not listed then select more apps and check if you can find it.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

apps and files

1. apps and files - Similar Threads - apps files

2. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  3. How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix the problem "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing...: I've tried the command prompt trick. I opened the sims with steam, and it wouldnt work, Can u please send some solutions to this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-problem-this-file-does-not-have/d478d6d0-970c-40ac-ae93-8b496334ac51
  4. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  5. this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...

this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already...: Started randomly to appear. I receive this message - this file does not have an app associated with it please install an app or if one already is installed, create an association in the default apps settings page when i try to open folder in my documents folder, or when i try...
  6. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  7. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  8. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  9. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  10. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization