Windows 10: Apps and games file taking up too much space.

Discus and support Apps and games file taking up too much space. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a computer that is only a few months old with only 3-4 games downloaded on it. Yet over the past few weeks my games and apps storage area has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DuncanIdaho4, May 26, 2020.

1. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

I have a computer that is only a few months old with only 3-4 games downloaded on it. Yet over the past few weeks my games and apps storage area has grown to ridiculous proportions and I cannot figure out what's causing it. I record certain sessions but move those to a hard drive and discard the original file outside the hard drive. What can I do to identify and get rid of the files causing this?

Apps and games file taking up too much space. 3469e4eb-7cc6-46ac-b332-b624628eacbd?upload=true.png Apps and games file taking up too much space. 741f38ff-4daa-49a6-a9d6-44565b94dde3?upload=true.png

:)

DuncanIdaho4, May 26, 2020
  2. RogerND Win User

Apps and Games

There are a lot of instructions for freeing up storage space which assume its possible to see the apps and games which are taking up space, but there seem to be quite a few people who cannot see any large games or apps for deletion. The only suggestion
    I have seen is to download a third party utility to find the apps, games or files that are actually taking up the space. Why has MS no addressed this?

RogerND, May 26, 2020
  3. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hi,

Here are several methods that you can perform to free up your hard drive space in Windows 10:

Method 1. Delete junk files using Storage sense:

• Open Settings
    • Select System and choose Storage.
    • Under Storage sense, click on the Change how we free up space link.
    • Under Temporary files, check the files that you want to delete including
      Delete temporary files that my apps aren't using, Delete files that have been in the recycle bin for over 30 days, &
      Delete files in the Downloads folder that haven't changed in 30 days.
    • Under Free up space now, you can also select the option to delete the previous installation of Windows 10.
      Note: this option is only available during the first ten days after installing a new feature update.
    After completing these steps, click on the Clean now button to free up the space.

Method 2. Uninstall apps and games you don't use:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    • Select the app or game and uninstall it.
    • Click the Uninstall button again to confirm
    • Repeat the process if you need to uninstall additional apps or games.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 26, 2020
  4. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

Why do apps take up more space than they indicate in the marketplace?

My phone is constantly running out of space so I decided to tabulate the amount of space that the games I have installed should take up.

To do this I went through the list on the marketplace and wrote down how much space each app is supposed to use. According to this all my games should take up around 2GB. I am using a Lumia 710 which should have 6.28GB of usable storage space. This made
    me wonder what was taking up the other 4GB.

Since I needed space I uninstalled a few games. I then went to the about page under settings, which told me that I had 1.49GB of storage space remaining. I knew that I did not uninstall enough apps to free up this space.

I then went to the marketplace and reinstalled a game that I had just uninstalled. The app said that it required 124MB of space. After it was installed I returned to the about page and it said I had 993.56MB of free space.

So my question is:

Why does a game that is listed at 124MB take up over 500MB?

BryanEngelmann, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Apps and games file taking up too much space.

1. Apps and games file taking up too much space. - Similar Threads - Apps games file

2. Mail App is taking too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App is taking too much space: Hi, My mail App looks like is taking too much space ....i tried many thinks but without result. when i am tabbing manage mail then mail app opens and nothing.....
  3. Mail App is taking too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App is taking too much space: Hi, My mail App looks like is taking too much space ....i tried many thinks but without result. when i am tabbing manage mail then mail app opens and nothing.....
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  5. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  6. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. Systen Files taking up too much space

Systen Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  9. Low on space, Apps and features take too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low on space, Apps and features take too much space: My computer has a limited amount of space (100GB) and I really wanted to clean its storage. I uninstalled a lot of programs, made sure to check leftover files, kept only 15GB of games and OnDrive. Still, Apps and Features take 33 GBs of storage. I had managed to remove...
  10. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Do lumia games take up space