Windows 10: Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language

Discus and support Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running an english Windows 10 Pro (20H2). Everything but the currency etc format is set to US-English. Still, some games (i.e. Blaston, Loop Hero)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arakon, May 4, 2021.

1. Arakon Win User

Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language

I'm running an english Windows 10 Pro (20H2). Everything but the currency etc format is set to US-English. Still, some games (i.e. Blaston, Loop Hero) and some apps (i.e. some, but not all installers) launch in german (I am in germany). This is absolutely maddening, especially when the app or game does not have a language selection. Is there any additional section where language is determined? - - - Updated - - - Solution found, but it's headache inducing: Some apps and games ignore ALL the language settings and preferences, and for some reason look exclusively at the regional FORMAT settings. Setting this to "English (Germany)" and then manually editing the wrong parts (date is seperated with slashes instead of dots, for some reason) seems to finally solve this.

:)

Arakon, May 4, 2021
  2. Arakon Win User

I'm running an english Windows 10 Pro (20H2). Everything but the currency etc format is set to US-English.
    Still, some games (i.e. Blaston, Loop Hero) and some apps (i.e. some, but not all installers) launch in german (I am in germany). This is absolutely maddening, especially when the app or game does not have a language selection.

Is there any additional section where language is determined?

Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Solution found, but it's headache inducing:
    Some apps and games ignore ALL the language settings and preferences, and for some reason look exclusively at the regional FORMAT settings. Setting this to "English (Germany)" and then manually editing the wrong parts (date is seperated with slashes instead of dots, for some reason) seems to finally solve this.

Arakon, May 5, 2021
  3. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, May 5, 2021
  4. Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps and games sometimes launch in the wrong language - Similar Threads - Apps games sometimes

2. NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING: same as topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-launch-options-setting-no-language-setting-in/189c31a2-93d7-49bc-bfc2-13430cedfc87
  3. NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING: same as topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-launch-options-setting-no-language-setting-in/189c31a2-93d7-49bc-bfc2-13430cedfc87
  4. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  5. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  6. Photos app is wrong language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  7. Photos app is wrong language

Photos app is wrong language: I switched over from DesktopWindows 7 to Laptop Wind0ws 10 few months back and moved my file to laptop. On opening a jpg filethe tab and tool bar ribbon appears in Tamil Language instead of English. Screen shot of the file is attached. Please advise me how tochange the...
  8. Something went wrong launching your game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong launching your game.: I'm getting this error while trying to launch snowrunner. My pc updated and something went wrong so it reset. Tried reinstalling the game several times...Does anyone know of a solution? I couldn't find anything online....
  9. windows 10 language sometimes wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 language sometimes wrong: first of all sorry for the poor spelling and grammar, spent an hour trying to get my questions submitted but it absolutely wouldnt let me in any browser without telling me why and it turned out my vpn was blocked without any mention or warning so im not gonna retype it all...
  10. MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language

MAIL app Windows 10 in wrong Language: I checked the forums already and the so-called solution posted is no good. I go to my Region/language settings, but there is no "advanced" button, and therefore I cannot override anything. The MAIL app keeps coming up in Thai language, even though I set my display language...