Windows 10: apps and icons issue

Discus and support apps and icons issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The icons on the desktop went blank and I can’t open the apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KhristinaKlepero, Apr 28, 2020.

1. apps and icons issue

The icons on the desktop went blank and I can’t open the apps.

:)

KhristinaKlepero, Apr 28, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

apps and icons issue

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps and icons issue :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

apps and icons issue

1. apps and icons issue - Similar Threads - apps icons issue

2. Microsoft Store Apps icon issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store Apps icon issue: You see if i open an appbased on microsoft storethe app icon is missingbut dekstop based icons,its okSomeone pls help me with this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-icon-issue/c30627cd-6ec3-4ddf-b832-c5406e1f03f1
  3. Issue with apps store and x86 and x64 icons!

in Cortana
    Issue with apps store and x86 and x64 icons!: Hi guys I have problem with store apps icons which is the icons are shown in start menu but when I search'em in searching and indexing part the icons are not shown properly I mean they are like this: [ATTACH] And this looks good in start menu: [ATTACH] I have the same...
  4. Issue with store apps icons!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with store apps icons!: Hi guys I have problem with store apps icons which is the icons are shown in start menu but when I search'em in searching and indexing part the icons are not shown properly I mean they are like this: [ATTACH] And this looks good in start menu: [ATTACH] I have the same...
  5. Icon issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon issue: [ATTACH] Icons in start menu are blank. Icons in taskbar are invisible. https://preview.redd.it/ezoy0z3vop251.png?width=379&format=png&auto=webp&s=f7c34efa87618efbcf6405b169d4b1c3f9103514...
  6. icon issue

icon issue: i need all icons in my desktop. what i do now?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-issue/f39a3d46-7b1c-42c9-8a7c-0a30d1f83870
  7. Issues with Apps and Desktop icons on the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Apps and Desktop icons on the PC: Cannot open pre-installed apps on desk top, icons are blank. In Start menu most/all apps are gone or wont open.Keep getting message to get app for ms-paint link.I am no I.T. buff...Help! ***Original title: windows 10 apps***...
  8. Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues

Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues: Hey All, I recently updated my device and my app icons in the windows search aren't showing correctly. On top of that, my settings are not opening through the button and my Onenote will not and cannot sync. These are the issues I see.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] Hope you guys...
  9. Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.

Issues with fonts/icons/buttons in Windows apps.: A couple of updates ago, I can’t recall which one, I noticed display problems with some default Windows apps. Icons and buttons won’t display properly. When I move my cursor over them, the background color will change, and sometimes the wrong icon/text will pop up. This has...
  10. Issues with start, taskbar, and app icons.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with start, taskbar, and app icons.: I don't know when this started exactly, but my pc has been suffering from a few problems. Firstly, when I click (left or right mouse button) on the start menu, cortana, nothing happens. Clicking one of the app icons like edge or store brings up a text window that says class...