Windows 10: Apps and Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Apps and Multiple Monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wasn't sure what to put for the heading on this. Does anyone know of a way to have an app open on a particular monitor when running more monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joan Archer, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Apps and Multiple Monitors

Wasn't sure what to put for the heading on this.

Does anyone know of a way to have an app open on a particular monitor when running more monitors than 1?

The person runs 2 monitors and watches movies on 1 while working on the other. This is a part of his query
    The way I have my dual display set I have a Taskbar on both monitors even though I'm set for extended and not duplicate. It would be nice if I could figure out a way to get apps to show on the same monitor from which they are launched. For instance, if I clicked on an app pinned to the Taskbar, it would open on the same monitor as the launching Taskbar.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

Joan Archer, Jul 30, 2018

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Windows 10 multiple monitor multiple taskbars question.

Hi Waffles,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern but we don't have an option to add clock to multiple monitor's except on main monitor.

I suggest you to give your feedback in feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Apps and Multiple Monitors

Multiple Monitor Setup Question

Hi,

Changing the monitor to be the main display is one of the possible ways to resolve your concern. We need to set the monitor you prefer to be the main display thru Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Display in the left pane.
    • Click Identity to know monitor number you wish to set as the main display.
    • Select the monitor number, then click the Make this my main display check box.
    • Click Apply.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Apps and Multiple Monitors

1. Apps and Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Apps Multiple Monitors

2. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  3. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors: I got a new monitor with a different resolution than my current ones, and dont want to make it my main display because of where it is on my table. But some of my apps are blurry. This can apparently be fixed with the "fix scaling for apps" setting, but it only works on the...
  4. fix scaling for apps on multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors: Hi,I replaced my second monitor this week. It will only duplicate the laptop screen; it will not extend.In display they show up as one monitor and windows does not detect the new monitor. I've run the windows update and checked the one video adaptor driver that's listed. I...
  6. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors: Our teachers have Dell Latitude 3310 2-in-1 laptops and corresponding docks in classrooms. The docks are connected to a monitor and a projector. When we clean install the laptops, the teacher can either duplicate the display on all three output devices laptop screen, monitor...
  7. Multiple Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Monitors: Hi, I have been using 2 monitors for some time now but wanted to add a third - I can plug the monitor in and it is detected - I can line it up that it is displaying in the right order but it wont let me adjust the Screen Size or Resolution. The third monitor appears small...
  8. Multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple monitors: I have a RazerBlade Pro and am trying to set up multiple monitors. The computer has 1 HDMI Port and1 Thunderbolt port. Was able to connect 1 additional monitor to the HDMI port. This works with either my Samsung 32" monitor or the HP 29" monitor. When I try to add a...
  9. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors: how to switch my 1 and 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/multiple-monitors/101ec3d8-0e37-497f-8656-1df332c50ba6
  10. multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple monitors: Is there a way to make certain programs only open up on a certain monitor in Windows 10? Right now I am using 2 monitors for programs and a TV to run Netflix app, etc. 14378