Windows 10: Apps and programs are missing

Discus and support Apps and programs are missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of my apps and programs are missing after my PC forced to update itself. The system restore is not turn on so I dont have a way to go back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by florence_bailey, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Apps and programs are missing

All of my apps and programs are missing after my PC forced to update itself. The system restore is not turn on so I dont have a way to go back. Checking my files are all went missing as well. All of my work for 2 years are gone and I wont accept it. Please help me.

:)

florence_bailey, Dec 3, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 3, 2022
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Apps and programs are missing

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Apps and programs are missing

1. Apps and programs are missing - Similar Threads - Apps programs are

2. Missing program/app after random update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing program/app after random update.: Looking for a little help. After being a Windows guy since 3.1 I jumped ship a few years back and while I try to keep up with things as my wife uses and likes Windows I'm a little out of the game. A few days ago she was asking for help as the program/app she had been sing to...
  3. program missing in list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program missing in list: I had Dell Support Assistant in my list that opens when one clicks on the Windows logo in lower left hand corner. It has disappeared. It's still on my computer thoughHow do i put/get it back on the list?i don't know what proper category is for this.Thank you...
  4. Apps and programs are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and programs are missing: All of my apps and programs are missing after my PC forced to update itself. The system restore is not turn on so I dont have a way to go back. Checking my files are all went missing as well. All of my work for 2 years are gone and I wont accept it. Please help me....
  5. Apps and programs are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and programs are missing: All of my apps and programs are missing after my PC forced to update itself. The system restore is not turn on so I dont have a way to go back. Checking my files are all went missing as well. All of my work for 2 years are gone and I wont accept it. Please help me....
  6. Missing programs and files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing programs and files.: Hi. This morning on opening my Windows 10 laptop the boot took longer than usual. Everything looked different homescreen background and icons which was a clue that something was wrong. All my files have disappeared and many programs. Remaining programs acted as if I was...
  7. Missing Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Program Files: I recently updated my PC to the latest version of windows 10. my problem is that when I go to the program files, the files of apps I installed like audacity does not show up. it only shows in here C:\Users\User\Documents\Audacity-This folder is empty. what should I do to fix...
  8. Steam is missing from program/apps list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Steam is missing from program/apps list: Steam is no longer listed in apps list, and isn't listed in control panel programs either, on windows 10. I was going to uninstall it to correct this, which is how I found it's not in the control panel programs list. So I can't uninstall steam. Steam works and eveeeveryt but...
  9. missing programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing programs: I cannot find accessories in my start up. I am trying to find out why I cannot download from the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-programs/c587f983-bac3-486e-9abc-3131d1f8ed08
  10. Program missing from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...