Windows 10: apps and programs deleted after last update

Discus and support apps and programs deleted after last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update problem December 17 and 18, 2018 I have been trying to have Microsoft solve my problem since Dec. 17, 2018. On Dec. 17, I was having a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamMcNamee, Dec 24, 2018.

1. apps and programs deleted after last update

Update problem December 17 and 18, 2018

I have been trying to have Microsoft solve my problem since Dec. 17, 2018.

On Dec. 17, I was having a problem with Chrome. This happened before and I fixed it this way. I opened Chrome, clicked on the three dots in the upper right corner, then Settings. Advance, Reset and Clean up, Restore settings to their original defaults and then Reset Settings.

After I closed Chrome, I noticed a new Mail icon on the task bar and changes to the start menu. Was Microsoft updating at the same time without my knowledge because the next morning Microsoft finished installing a complete update, but Microsoft Office and all Office apps were deleted and all other downloaded programs. It was like a reset of Windows instead of Chrome. I did not do a reset to Windows, I only did the rerest to Chrome.

I read that Microsoft was updating Office without any explanation. I looked on another computer and there were such updates, but not yet on this one. I cannot understand why Microsoft deleted Office and all of the Office apps and all other programs as if a reset was done to Windows. The complete update should make changes, but not delete programs from a computer.

On Dec. 18 I tried the Answer Desk to no avail to reinstall Office since it was deleted completely, I had no product key and was told that nothing could be done except pay for Office AGAIN.

I do not have the product key. In Costa Rica, all computers sold are in Spanish, I purchased this one years ago. The technician has to change everything to English. The only numbers I could find now are: 00331-10000-00001-AA664. I don’t know if this is the product key. Also I have W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX.

When I chatted on the 18th on Answer Desk, I felt that Microsoft was not interested in helping me to reinstate the product key or replace it, instead she suggested buying Office 365.

Microsoft writes that updates are supposed to make the experience better, instead it deleted my programs and can only offer to get more money from me. I can’t afford to keep buying something when Microsoft makes an error and deletes what it shouldn’t. I am asking again for Microsoft to give me another product key and reinstate Office in my computer. Microsoft should update, not delete and make a client pay again.

:)

SamMcNamee, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Deleting apps

Hello Kelly,

We would like to know more information about your issue so that we will know why you are unable to delete applications on your computer:

• What changes/updates have you made prior to the issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to uninstall an application?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you try the steps in this article on
    how to uninstall apps and programs in Windows 10.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 24, 2018
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. bestellen Win User

apps and programs deleted after last update

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

apps and programs deleted after last update

1. apps and programs deleted after last update - Similar Threads - apps programs deleted

2. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  3. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  4. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  5. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE

INACCESSIBILITY OF PROGRAMS AND APPS AFTER UPDATE: Hi Team, I need your assistance. I recently updated my windows 10 after being prompted by laptop about the availability of the update. Ever since the update was completed, i am unable to access the progams and apps on the laptop, e.g. mail, calendar, calculator, netflix,...
  7. after last update, all data and office deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after last update, all data and office deleted: I powered down my computer and ran the latest Windows 10 update June 9, 2020 and when I started up this morning, everything was gone; all documents, pictures, downloads, history, Microsoft office, everything. It was like it was reset to factory settings. I tried to restore to...
  8. Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.

Proprietary Program wont open after last windows update.: A program that has always worked just fine in the past won't open now after installing the latest Windows updates.. Attached are the pop-ups that appear. Please advise! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. app crashing after last update

app crashing after last update: the photos app is not working. it is crashing before opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-crashing-after-last-update/a5d06eb6-c9df-4800-802f-801fec841c7b
  10. updates deleted programs

updates deleted programs: Windows version 1308 just updated. Removed Printmaster 18.1 from computer. Tried to reinstall, nothing will install now from CD. Should I uninstall the latest update? Hate Windows 10. Microsoft is just running customers off by invading their space and costing them money to...